Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Bridge

GARY S

Monza
The third series of the Scandi drama "The Bridge" starts 11/2 which has reminded me to ask the forum what type of 911 is featured. The internet is full of conflicting opinions. To me it looks like an SC model. Some suggest it is a flat 4 model with some going as far as saying the sound has been altered to make it sound like a flat 6 but why this would be done is beyond me when most people wouldn't know the difference. Others say it is a US import model because of the colour of the lights. As this forum is the seat of knowledge of all things Porsche I am sure I will have the definitive answer.

Saga in a 911 - does it for me every time. :D

Attachments

• the_bridge_009_810.jpg
    the_bridge_009_810.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5,354
I've been watching the first series on iPlayer - I can't work out who is Danish and who is Swedish! At least with the remake you could easily work out the French from the Brits!

GARY S said:
The third series of the Scandi drama "The Bridge" starts 11/2

Does that mean this new season has started or it airs Nov 2 :dont know:

P5Nij said:
Zingari said:
GARY S said:
The third series of the Scandi drama "The Bridge" starts 11/2

Does that mean this new season has started or it airs Nov 2 :dont know:

BBC2, 9pm, Friday 11th May
:wink:

Series 4, surely?

The car is simply awesome. It should have its own spin-off series.

I'm all over this like a tramp on chips :thumb:

Zingari said:
I'm all over this like a tramp on chips :thumb:

Zingers - have you valued the green Porker that Saga drives in the series? We need your expertise on it!

mikeluke said:
I've been watching the first series on iPlayer - I can't work out who is Danish and who is Swedish! At least with the remake you could easily work out the French from the Brits!

That's easy. If you can't understand a word, and it sounds all half swallowed and mumbled, that's Danish. If you sort of think that you might kind of understand a bit (even if you don't), and it's a bit more enunciated and sing-songy, then it's Swedish. Unless it's Swedish from Skà¥ne, which is basically Danish. That's because that part of Sweden is only temporarily on loan from Denmark. Clear? :?

I see that Saga's Porsche from The Bridge is being auctioned for charity by Bonhams at Goodwood FOS this year. 8)

https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/26212/

I'm not planning to bid but would love to see the car. Does anyone know whether the FOS ticket allows access to the auction or do you need to register with Bonhams as a bidder to get in? I've looked at both websites and can't find the answer. Anyone been to the auction in previous years that could advise? I might go to FOS just to see it.

Surely it's going to go for a whole lot more than the estimate of £20 - 30k? :?: (Although Saga's clearly not into detailing - it needs a right good tidy up!)

Just caught up with Series 3 and up to date :thumb:

I do like that 911S :eek:

I smiled a couple of episodes back where Saga and a guy in a garage discussed the car.
So all of that PH discussion about year, type etc can all be put to bed :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back