Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back on the road but a couple of problems.

silvermilnec

Hi everyone, Back in January I had a bad skiing accident and have been out of action for some time. Back on the mend now and got the Turbo MOT and Taxed today 8) wow what a car it's been a long wait!

Back in December Xmas present was a re trim to nappa and red stitching for the steering wheel, I've never had a new car so never had a new steering wheel what a treat! the guys at Royal have done a great job! I know it's only fattened the wheel by 2mm but they all count and it feels far better, well worth doing.

I also got the seat belts done in red and my OEM mats trimmed in red. I now love the look!

I do have one small problem, the airbag is on and wont clear, the error is passenger seat belt tensioner above upper limit, have I been a plonker and not plugged the seat belt in or anyone else had problems?

Anyway this is not going to dampen my spirits on the way home :thumbs:

I feel your pain, literally. After a skiing accident in February I am hoping to drive my turbo tomorrow (and the Bank Holiday!) for the first time in 6 weeks. Even before that I only got a couple of drives in after an enforced winter without a turbo.

I also have a fresh steering wheel waiting to be used!

Enjoy the sunshine!!

Ishay said:
I feel your pain, literally. After a skiing accident in February I am hoping to drive my turbo tomorrow (and the Bank Holiday!) for the first time in 6 weeks. Even before that I only got a couple of drives in after an enforced winter without a turbo.

I also have a fresh steering wheel waiting to be used!

Enjoy the sunshine!!

wow we are twins :floor:

Never had an issue with battery disconnect. Did you leave the key in and disconnect the battery or just pull a fuse when you changed the wheel?

I picked sunshine up this morning from storage. Took 3 hours to do what is usually a 10min drive home :thumb: even went via Micks burgers overlooking the south coast. :thumb:

Forgot that giggle I get when driving the turbo....but soon found the groove and it's now ticking away to intself back home.

G2 said:
Never had an issue with battery disconnect. Did you leave the key in and disconnect the battery or just pull a fuse when you changed the wheel?

I picked sunshine up this morning from storage. Took 3 hours to do what is usually a 10min drive home :thumb: even went via Micks burgers overlooking the south coast. :thumb:

Forgot that giggle I get when driving the turbo....but soon found the groove and it's now ticking away to intself back home.

I pulled the key then disconnected the battery.
:thumb:

Hmm. I though the alarm went off if you did that? Won't try it as it near deafened me in the garage last time I set it off...

Never had the 997.2 alarm go off when disconnecting the battery.

Once an airbag fault is logged it can only be deleted with a tester and obviously the light will remain on untill the fault code is cleared .

It could be a bad connection on the plug .. not plugged in .. or the car is just having a bad hair day.

Trying to clear the fault code will tell you if its a permanent fault or .. well .. one that isnt :p

deMort said:
Once an airbag fault is logged it can only be deleted with a tester and obviously the light will remain on untill the fault code is cleared .

It could be a bad connection on the plug .. not plugged in .. or the car is just having a bad hair day.

Trying to clear the fault code will tell you if its a permanent fault or .. well .. one that isnt :p

Cheers demort, I am good at not plugging things back in, I plugged the airbag on my steering wheel but not the steering wheel plug to the steering column

:floor:

So the similarities continue. I finally got to drive it today and the air bag light was on. I suspect because I powered the car on without the air bag during fitting, firing a code that won't clear.

But the important thing was the drive. The knee was weak (not painful, but weak) and I drove in 3rd a lot to avoid the clutch but good god it was fun all the same.

Time to detail it now I know I can drive it over the weekend.

Good to hear your both on the mend and getting out in the cars. Hope you enjoy your new wheels as much as I do my new Knob :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Ishay said:
So the similarities continue. I finally got to drive it today and the air bag light was on. I suspect because I powered the car on without the air bag during fitting, firing a code that won't clear.

But the important thing was the drive. The knee was weak (not painful, but weak) and I drove in 3rd a lot to avoid the clutch but good god it was fun all the same.

Time to detail it now I know I can drive it over the weekend.

Thankful of not having a clutch :thumb: what an amazing comfy powerful car it is, nothing comes close for the money!!

Phil 997 said:
Good to hear your both on the mend and getting out in the cars. Hope you enjoy your new wheels as much as I do my new Knob :grin: :grin: :thumb:
cheers Phill I'm still waiting for my carbon knob, glad to hear your enjoying the feel of yours :eek:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
cheers Phill I'm still waiting for my carbon knob, glad to hear your enjoying the feel of yours :eek:

Chris I wont be for a few weeks as on the last day in Dinslaken I lost 3rd gear synchro ,so its going in for a gearbox rebuild but have put them under pressure to get it back to me before Simply Porsche :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

Chris I wont be for a few weeks as on the last day in Dinslaken I lost 3rd gear synchro ,so its going in for a gearbox rebuild but have put them under pressure to get it back to me before Simply Porsche :grin: :grin:
sorry to hear that phill, sounds like allot of moding money :pc: you starting to think you should have gone pdk or even a tip turbo?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back