Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Carrera 2 sort top not completing cycle

jimbuch2

Hi I've just bought a 1999 Carrera 2 soft top, love the car. But today I've had a problem with the soft top hood cycle. I lowered the hood but it did not complete the cycle and raise the side windows? what I have noticed is the hood lowers and raises but when it is almost complete the red dashboard light dims and the battery voltage dips as if there is something trying to work but pulling a lot of volts/current.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have raised the hood, it has locked into position and I've had to raise the windows on the std buttons, but the dashboard light is still illuminated as if it hasn't been able to complete the cycle?

Thanks in advance Jamie

Sounds possibly like the sensor switch above you rear view mirror where the roof locks in may not be actuating.

The car is acting like it thinks the roof is not fully up so wont close the windows. Bet your rear windows don't work at all.

I think i would start by seeing if anything is jamming the rear lid or the mechanism each side..i have actually found a screwdriver doing just this in the past.

The carpet there is 4 plastic bungs then you pretty much pull it out.
You can see the drive mechanism each side with the carpet removed.

You can also see where it should be greased !

Service position .. open the roof one third , unplug the cables each side and lift the rear screen section up.

So .. is the rear lid fully shuting , are the side flaps raiseing as this will also stop it.

EDIT ..

If the roof is not fully closeing then its a sensor/front lock out of sync and you need a tester on it to see which one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back