Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MY 2000: 996 C4 - Suspension Refresh Question

Moodytunes

Hi all

My car is on around 88,000 miles and the suspension could probably do with a refresh. Suspension-wise it was creaking last year and it had new coffin arms and anti-roll bar rubbers.

I am planning to completely replace the suspension with the M030 kit as it represents pretty good value for what you get for your £££.

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/porsc...-to-2005/sports-suspension-kit-oe-996-c4.html

To be honest, the -15mm drop is not what I was after but it's what's in the box.

My question is what's the alternative at the same price point? Every site I look at lists dampers at £300 each minimum and that's without springs etc.

I can't see anything that is better value. If you know where I can get something that's equal in value without the -15mm drop then please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

The M030 kit is a great buy.
MC

I thought koni were only for the c2, not the c4. I've been looking too but pretty much decided I'll just get bilstein b6. Should still be a step up from stock

Does Porscheshop actually have them in stock, worth checking.

My C2 M030 was under £900 direct from an OPC so try them first.
PCGB05 =5% discount also.

The 10mm drop offered my kit was negligible as my original suspension had already sagged by that amount anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

Great kit, combined with renewing other suspension components it made a noticeable ride difference on my car after a good geo.

Are many of these options still good in principle for a 4S?

Different parts obviously but in terms of upgrades.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back