Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought a Boxster Black edition

ghoshd

Hello dear members
I signed up to this forum to share my enthusiasm of buying my new car.

I got a 2011 Boxster S Black Edition.

It is the standard PDK model with no special bells and whistles about it.

Hopefully it will fill the void of my mid life crisis.

(I have just uploaded the pictures from the dealers website)

Attachments

• 90404641_infinity_194.jpg
    90404641_infinity_194.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 6,860
  • 90404648_infinity_359.jpg
    90404648_infinity_359.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 6,860
  • 90404651_infinity_116.jpg
    90404651_infinity_116.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 6,860
Congrats.

The Black edition has many really subtle nice touches, like the embossed roof etc, not just basic limited edition touches. One of these is the Wheels which should have a Silver lip which appears to be missing.

thanks

thanks chaps

I am not seeing any silver lining on the black wheels :dont know:

I think he means 'missing' :dont know: not kissing :grin:

:thumb:

Steering

On a rather inquisitive note,

is there anyone in or around London town, I would like him or her to give a view on the feel of the steering, specially does it feel a touch too stiff or am I just being paranoid.

Invested time will be repaid with Beer.

HSC911 said:
I think he means 'missing' :dont know: not kissing :grin:

:thumb:

Blinking smart phone too clever! Picked up lip and changed to kissing...clearly felt the love...

Sorry not a Londoner, but Porsche steering tends to be a bit heavier than your average car, as do the brakes, they need a little more pressure than your daily EUrobox :grin:

Boxster S looks lovely though, and they really are great cars :thumbs:

Chris W said:
The Black edition has many really subtle nice touches, like the embossed roof etc, not just basic limited edition touches. One of these is the Wheels which should have a Silver lip which appears to be missing.

And even more subtly - the 3436cc Cayman engine instead of the 3387cc motor found in the normal Boxster S... :thumb:

Congrats on the purchase. :thumb:

As Chris mentioned, the Black Edition came with Black Rims with a fine Silver Lip as per pic shown.

My guess is the Dealer or previous owner had them refurbished and their local refurbisher wasn't capable of adding the final detail.

C.

Attachments

• 987_boxster_s_black_edition_196.jpg
    987_boxster_s_black_edition_196.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 6,684
Very nice, and welcome along. The black edition is rather special :thumb:

Very nice! Welcome along, I think the wheels look better without the Silver rim.

Roof embossing? Eh?

Thanks all !

The missing silver kissing lip would not have been to my liking to be honest.

The roof embossing is rather subtle and one would only notice it if one was looking for it.

What is more noticeable is the black painted badging and the all black trim inside.

Any pointers to good detailing workshops for paint protection etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back