Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 C2 with aerokit, £12k hartech rebuild and GT3 buckets

Fastlane

Spa-Francorchamps
This looks rather nice. Reckon it will go rather quickly too if it is as good as it says and looks, especially with a full Hartech rebuild!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99V-911-...819966?hash=item590bc9213e:g:suYAAOSwvMFa5ubr

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This car has gone viral on a few groups I follow. Everyone has an opinion and scoff at the price but to be honest good ones are getting harder to find. It took me a year lol

IanG1 said:
This car has gone viral on a few groups I follow. Everyone has an opinion and scoff at the price but to be honest good ones are getting harder to find. It took me a year lol

Hi Ian - there are plenty of people like us who just get on and buy these cars rather than scoffing. The fact that it's gone viral just shows how popular 996s are! :floor:

As someone once said, there's no such thing as bad publicity... :grin:

Good spec, pictures outside a fast fit centre and crap blend out on the drivers door do it no favours though.

Dammit said:
I reckon there's £15,000 that'd need to be put into that to make it a nice car.

What are you talking about? :lol: Been to see it? Even rang and asked a question? :lol:

Going by the pics, it's had new front springs and not rear. Or just been put on the deck after being jacked up at the front.

If it sits like that, static, it'll drive like **** - especially at any speed.

Slutters said:
Dammit said:

What are you talking about? :lol: Been to see it? Even rang and asked a question? :lol:

Nope, total guess based on the two-tone paint job, somewhat coy description and the laundry list of advisories on the MOT's.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Dammit to be honest. It just looks a little scruffy and for £20k plus I'd want something very very tidy.

If and I say "If" the paint is as bad as it looks, then there's a sizable spend there. Paintwork is the most expensive thing on a car to sort, bar an engine rebuild.

I always go on about wheels but they've had the outer rims powder coated. :hand:
There's £600.
Do all the tyres match? How old are any that haven't been renewed?
Pirelli Pzero Rossos weren't much cop 10 years ago let alone now.

It would need a good going over. If it's had rads, condensers, suspension refresh, water pump, clutch, aos and the paint looks better in real life, then it could be £20k worth.

On paper it's perfect with the Hartech motor etc but in reality I'd bet a decent amount that it's an ok, straight car to form a good base, but a fussy owner could spend a fortune on it instantly.

It's not far from me, well 25 miles or so. If I wasn't so hectic at the moment I'd go and have a look out of interest.

In today's market (where I think prices will stall in the short term) £20k should buy the best of the best.

skinny_monkey said:
Is that not a reflection / shadow on the door backwards? If not then ... Yeah... no

Different pics, different angles. Same blend (sic?) lines.

Dammit said:
Slutters said:
Dammit said:

Nope, total guess based on the two-tone paint job, somewhat coy description and the laundry list of advisories on the MOT's.

The MOT history tells a lots about a car and how it has been maintained....or not as the case may be.

Well guys I'm the owner of this car and have just returned home from abroad and have owned the car for sometime.
I have read all the comments and quite frankly I have had a laugh at them.
Don't make assumptions until you look at it because it is a genuine car including the mileage and by the way if you have done your home work on the MOT's and seen the advisories and the mileage it covers each year. You will have seen the last one where everything was carried out and a £1200 service carried out. oh foot in the mouth job there I think.
The paint has not been blended as was one of the comments again have a look at the body work and mechanics in person before putting your foot in your mouth. (Dammit)
I am a genuine person who would not sell load of crap, I would not like it happening to me and would not do it to anyone else.
So look before you leap and called a gob shite :D 8) :oops: :? :? :? :? :?

The car is priced high because on the money spent and the condition it is in and it is open to sensible offers after viewing.

No time wasters or tyre kickers oh or gob shites thank you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back