Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 C2 fast road settings

jibm

Hi

as the title suggests, can someone please post the fast road settings for C2

many thanks in advance.

jim

This is what CG did for me- I suspect that it's very conservative though as I asked for a road setup:

37141202986_db4706dd49_b.jpg

Thanks for posting...but yes im looking for as far as you can go and still use it on the road without too much tyre wear :D

How much adjustability do you have in your setup?

Many recommend the 'Kussmaul GT3' settings, google will get you what you need.

I can post my settings but they are a touch aggressive!!

crash7 said:
How much adjustability do you have in your setup?

Many recommend the 'Kussmaul GT3' settings, google will get you what you need.

I can post my settings but they are a touch aggressive!!

thanks

its the M030 kit installed from the factory as its a 40th aniversary.

so im gussing it wont be able to get too aggressive anyway?

40th - Nice, X51 power :thumb:

Depending on your opinion of where 'Fast Road' sits..,

Front camber is the potential issue, without GT3 two-piece lower control arms you will be limited to the amount you can move the strut tops inboard, you may get -1.5. - The downside of moving the strut tops inboard is that you lose track width.

Rear Camber is not an issue as there is enough adjustment on the eccentrics to get circa -2.

Toe adjustment is not an issue.

Putting -1.5 degrees camber on the front of a C2 is a great way to get it to understeer and brake very badly. -1 degree is plenty on the front and the back. You should think about the toe and how darty you want your car to be. I use about -.75 degrees camber on the front and -1 on the rear, and set the toe to be just fractionally in (fronts of the wheels pointing inward). I find this gives me the darty car I prefer with the oversteer I crave. Most would probably prefer a little more toe than me.

Any rear camber will eat your rear tyres, and it's really not necessary. The really big amounts of negative camber are for race tyres on race rubber at race speeds. Those settings will only chew through your tyres and make them work less well even at high speeds because you'll be on road rubber rather than slicks.

The settings shown above in the photo would be a good place for anyone to start.

Geo is complex with many contributing factors that have not been discussed.

For the record, I have more than -1.5 on the front of a C2 and my car does not understeer, (due to the camber) nor is it bad on the brakes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back