Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997

BenB91

Hi all

On the look out for a 997, if you are thinking of selling yours, then please get in touch. Would prefer a 997.2 PDK but will also consider a 997.1 manual with an engine rebuild.

Ideally an interesting colour - Black cars need not apply.

Open to coupe or cabriolet.

I am in Tunbridge-Wells, Kent but will travel for the right car.

Thanks

Hi
What sort of budget are you working to?

Max

Sorry missed that information out. Between £25-£35k depending on age and miles, etc.

I'm in a similar boat

Theres a nice 58 plate grey one on autotrader for £27,500. I'm not ready to buy yet but thought I would mention that one.

Theres also a nice Black C4S on Pistonheads with a C4S number plate thats had a Hartech rebuild.

Good cars tend to move quickly. I'm checking everyday for a car that matches my spec.

Why so many Black cars? :dont know:

Hi, Is your max budget £35K?

I have a very "un black" 997.2 C2S in GT Silver with cherry red interior that I'm considering selling. It's done 37k 58 Plate MY09.
It would need another £10k adding to your max budget though...

I'm selling to buy a turbo

Cheers,

Ed

copperband said:
Hi, Is your max budget £35K?

I have a very "un black" 997.2 C2S in GT Silver with cherry red interior that I'm considering selling. It's done 37k 58 Plate MY09.
It would need another £10k adding to your max budget though...

I'm selling to buy a turbo

Cheers,

Ed

jfyi Ben's bought a car. p0jy might still be looking.

OP bear in mind when you search 911's suddenly aren't selling, I'm not sure there moving fast anymore? Or could just be in the lower price bracket? also I'd be very careful about owners valuations on here, often private valuations are actually closer to OPC prices.

spongebob squarepants said:
OP bear in mind when you search 911's suddenly aren't selling, I'm not sure there moving fast anymore? Or could just be in the lower price bracket? also I'd be very careful about owners valuations on here, often private valuations are actually closer to OPC prices.

I'd also be careful at OPC prices, plenty of variation on very similar spec cars.
Spongebob - are you saying you think 997.2's are falling in price?

copperband said:
spongebob squarepants said:

I'd also be careful at OPC prices, plenty of variation on very similar spec cars.
Spongebob - are you saying you think 997.2's are falling in price?

Yes they definitely are, using my yardstick (Colini) 997 GTS prices are finally falling, theres plenty sitting and not selling due to their overinflated prices, OPC's certainly are starting to reduce them 2-4k to sell them.

Ive been looking at 2 mint low milers circa 67 k that six months ago would of been up for 75k, and there still not selling, ive never seen OPC's so keen to sell, however the px price on my mint C4S was ridicously low, the salesman stating the price he would put mine up for on the forecourt which again was 5k less than 6 months ago :?:

Clear evidence here http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127091 car was 70k when I started that thread, today 66,500.

I must admit its not unusual to see gen2 C2S ave miles in the high 30k's a C4S will be over 40k as always spec and condition play a part in the variation in price , Ben the OP picked up a lovely Aqua gen2 PDK 3.6 with ave miles for the year :thumb:

Spoke to a few well know dealers in the last week or two and one in particular says they are 25% down on sales from this time last year. He also said that to get a sale they have to be very flexible on their pricing.
Cars just a'int selling like they used to so if your in the market to buy looks like the time is right.

As mentioned above there are quite a few GTSs that aren't shifting so slowly coming down in price.

From what I have seen 997.2 prices are pretty much holding up but they are taking longer to sell. Also, I think there are the odd bargains available.

I inquired about a GTS convertible and was offered £34k PX for my 2009 C4S with 65k miles. I bought it private for £37k 2 years ago.

I suspect due to the current climate of uncertainty people are holding off of big purchases.

I am very tempted with a 2011 GTS but find it hard to justify the £25k+ expenditure...

I'll not name names but a friend of mine in the trade told me that one small but well-respected INDY has sold a grand total of 3 cars so far this year....

Certain stuff is selling but generally trade appears slow - I have first hand experience of that - trying to sell my current car....taking longer than I had anticipated for sure

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back