Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Owner Porsche Reading?

DustyM

Folks,

If Porsche Reading were the first owner of a car and kept it for 14 months and 5000 miles what does this imply?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

It would imply it was a demonstrator or courtesy car. What car is it? If it's a 911 then it wouldn't be a courtesy car and more likely a demo car. Many cynics would suggest that a demo car would've been thrashed fairly regularly (when the BMW F10 M5 was launched I took out BMW's demonstrator and the salesman encouraged me to give it the beans "especially as it's going to another dealership next week". He told me in no uncertain terms to NEVER buy an ex-demo M car.)

On the other hand, if it's a clean car and ticks all the boxes, is under warranty etc and it's a good deal, then what's not to like...

My thoughts were also that the mileage over 14 months was a lot for a Demo and a long time to keep a Demo but its a 996.2 GT3, I'm sure not many of those would have been staff cars?

Ah, 996.2 GT3 - nice! Well, I'd say that's a different kettle of fish then. I'm inclined to say that it's long ago enough to not really matter (any issues caused by abuse would have likely manifested themselves and been sorted by now). It's feasible that a car like that may well have been the dealer principle's company car (possibly with occasional demo use when required - but it's lasted another 10+ years so as long as it's a good 'un and all checks out, then it wouldn't put me off on a car of this age). I'd be more wary of a much newer car that had recently been disposed of after potentially having had a tough time.

It's a long while ago and I can't imagine it makes any difference to the car now.

You might find some of the press demo cars if you fancy some time on Google.

Well, when Top Gear reviewed it, Guards Red Clubsport RY03EEF was what they used, so if that is its previous identity then you would probably be talking about the press car... :dont know:

[MOT check says SORN since last summer]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back