Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

nice 4S hartech rebuild on ebay

Good spot Phil :thumb:

Good price considering it is a 4S with a full Hartech engine rebuild... shame about it being a tip though.

Phil
Great eye. I saw that last night too. I genuinely feel as comfortable about a Hartech engine as I do a Gen 2 engine

apollokre1d said:
haha sorry about that :)
None taken :thumbs: They are actually a great drive but I do understand the manual thing :mrgreen:

kas750 said:
apollokre1d said:
None taken :thumbs: They are actually a great drive but I do understand the manual thing :mrgreen:

I have had my manual for almost a year and keep hitting the red line rev limiter, which causes nose to hit the windscreen lol, oh how I miss my tip, foot hard down and go :grin: :grin:

We are all different, thank god otherwise we'd be all driving the same car and fancying the same women!!

Before I changed my manual 4S I tried a manual turbo with 55k on the clock in silver from my Indy price £50k good price even 2 years ago. But I wanted to try a turbo tip and I wanted the Newer PCM3. I paid £5k more for a GEN 1.5 Turbo tip and love the box and car even if I have learnt who gives a **** about PCM it's a TURBO no music/bt needed!

Anyway totally off topic but I've been to the pub :floor:

Phil 997 said:
kas750 said:
apollokre1d said:

I have had my manual for almost a year and keep hitting the red line rev limiter, which causes nose to hit the windscreen lol, oh how I miss my tip, foot hard down and go :grin: :grin:

That is very true and especially if you use the car as a daily the tip / PDK is much better :)

silvermilnec said:
We are all different, thank god otherwise we'd be all driving the same car and fancying the same women!!

Before I changed my manual 4S I tried a manual turbo with 55k on the clock in silver from my Indy price £50k good price even 2 years ago. But I wanted to try a turbo tip and I wanted the Newer PCM3. I paid £5k more for a GEN 1.5 Turbo tip and love the box and car even if I have learnt who gives a **** about PCM it's a TURBO no music/bt needed!

Anyway totally off topic but I've been to the pub :floor:

Right you are certainly are all different :thumb:

Similar to me I also came from a C4S manual and wanted a car with PCM3 but also wanted one that had been modified by 9e. Really glad I got the 9e car :)

It seems like these 997.1 engines really are clapped out at 80-100k miles, although does seem to affect the tips a bit more.

I need to start putting £2k aside over the next few years! Still not even considering selling.

Been up for sale over 1 month now. He originally wanted £35k which is way too much for a Gen1.

Just wondering if anyone has replaced a tip with a manual gearbox in the history of time? :dont know:

MaxA said:
Just wondering if anyone has replaced a tip with a manual gearbox in the history of time? :dont know:

I suspect it would work out cheaper to buy a manual car with an OK engine, swap the engines and resell the tippy one! Or simply pay for a rebuild in a manual car...

There is some lot who put manual boxes in Jag XKRs, and of course Aston do a manual conversion for the old Vanquish. Mega bucks.

There is some guy whos converted a 991 GT3 to manual, and it was astonishingly complicated, not mechanically so much as the electronics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back