Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 cell cat without remap

hot66

Anyone running a 200 cell cat or their 964 without having a remap ?

Thinking ahead here , going to change the O2 sensor at some point and know there is a strong possibility the original O2 bung area might get damaged during removal if the original sensor is stuck in .. so thinking it could bea good time to replace the cat with a sports one.

It makes sense to have a remap, but in teh short term that would be unliely to happen.

You should be ok, while mine is remapped - it wasn't remapped for sports cat!

My engine is fully rebuilt Redtek cup spec and uses his standard off-the-shelf remapped chip for cams, Cup bypass and LW clutch/flywheel. However in addition I had a sports cat but didn't carry out a bespoke re-map. Everything runs smooth with a very consistent torque output and no issues after 2500 miles. I suspect there might be a few more horses if I did.

There's no legal requirement to have a cat on the 964. I think it was only on at this year because it was a requirement in the US.
So a de-cat pipe would release more horses especially if mapped for it.

Mondrian what cams have you had fitted? And did you loose much in the way of bottom end with them? Reason I'm asking is that I'm considering a set of Schrick cams on my soon to be engine rebuild.

Consensus seems to be that free flowing exhaust will benefit power at top at the expense of torque low down due to lack of back pressure so I went with 200 cell CAT as I felts it to be a good compromise between low end torque & power at the top. Nick fitted his "cup spec" cams which I believe are schrick cams.

My engine felt to be low in power compared to my old 964 when I bought the car as it had 3 broken head studs and wasn't mapped either so not a fair comparison. My previous 964 though had a strong engine & above average power but no idea if it had AM cams (was mapped though), even Nick commented on that when he drove it. Post rebuild power & delivery is on a different level compared to my previous 964 with a strong engine and 2/3 levels up from pre-rebuild/mapping.

Thanks for the update, one of my cams is likely to be toast due to a blocked oil spray bar, and they're £1200 each from Porsche though I've heard they're now discontinued so 2 new Schrick fast road cams, new springs and titanium retainers for £1400 seems a no brainier.
Good to hear positive comments on the cams, think I'll bite the bullet when the time comes.

Thanks for the update, one of my cams is likely to be toast due to a blocked oil spray bar, and they're £1200 each from Porsche though I've heard they're now discontinued so 2 new Schrick fast road cams, new springs and titanium retainers for £1400 seems a no brainier.
Good to hear positive comments on the cams, think I'll bite the bullet when the time comes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back