Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 trade in price

APL911

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all.

As I have a new job, I am considering my options for a new car.

Currently I have my 996.2 as a weekend car, and I have a personal lease car for my company car.

In my new role, there are no rules on car allowances so I am allowed to drive my 996.2 for work. My new job is only around 4 miles from my house (result!). We are also buying the wife a new convertible mini to take any strain if the Porsche falls "ill" at any time.

This has got me thinking however, should I upgrade to a newer 911 or maybe even a brand new Cayman?

If I go this route, I would prefer to trade my 996.2 in. This makes me worry about its value....

What do you think it's worth as a trade in?

Link to photos: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126006&highlight=

2003 996.2 Coupe Manual.
70,000 miles
3 owners
FSH
Black
Black hard back sports seats
Sunroof
18" BBS five spoke wheels (these do need a refurb, but are not too bad)
It has a small dent in the drivers door (hardly noticeable)
DAB radio with USB input

Recent work:
New sports back boxes
4 x new coffin arms
4 x new control arms
4 x new Bilstien B8 dampers
4 x new lowering springs
2 x new front top mounts
2 x new track control arms
2 x new front brake pads, sensors, shims & fitting kit
(All discs are around 1 year old)

It really drives beautifully now, and I would be gutted just to see it go to an auction etc.

I would like to think I could trade it in at RSJ, 911V, Ashgoods etc and they could put it on their forecourt.

Any opinion welcome

Hi APL,

Its hard to say exactly what its worth. Based on what I went and saw, when I was looking (end on 2017, start of 2018), I would estimate its worth between £15k and £17k.

I saw a very similar car, on less miles (but no dents), they were asking £17.5k. Trying to get an offer of £16k+, as they had a 'hassle-free' trade-in offer of £15k.

Cheers
Ben

Thanks Ben

That's some useful insight.

:thumb:

Anyone else have any useful info or advice?

Looking on autotrader right now 996.2 prices for manual coupes with low(ish) miles are a bit all over the place. Ranging from £16,000 to £23,000 for a beige one with Tan leather! :floor:

If I could get £18,000 for mine it would be worth considering, but I think that might be a pipe dream....! :roll:

Whatcar online valuation tool would come back with approx. £15.5k as a trade in £17k buying privately, £19k buying from trade.

Looking what they are advertised for I think that may be a little low. 911 Virgin want £23k for a similar car. Take out Profit, warranty, VAT etc I would expect the trade in value to be £17k ish.

When I first starting reading the thread my initial thoughts were 17/18k funny I then went on to read the other posts who indicate around 17k so maybe thats where its sitting at present which is only a fraction less that the 18k you would like and maybe on a good day will achieve . good luck with the sale if you do decide to go that route. :thumb: :thumb:

It sounds like you have a nice car.
I'd put it up for sale privately for £19500 and see what interest you get.

g911omr said:
It sounds like you have a nice car that.

To be fair I would be over the moon with that, but I can't see it?

Maybe I'll give it a bash and see what happens.... :?:

APL911 said:
g911omr said:
It sounds like you have a nice car that.

To be fair I would be over the moon with that, but I can't see it?

Maybe I'll give it a bash and see what happens.... :?:

I would give it a bash at £20k. You can always negotiate down, not so easy to negotiate up!

Could you keep the 996 and get a lower spec company car on lease? (I don't know how car leasing works so sorry if that's a stupid question).
If you trade in the 996 would that be to BUY a newer 911 or Cayman or put the money towards a lease?

Your 996 sounds like a very nice car so I'd be inclined to keep it, rather than regret the sale in a few years when the new Cayman has halved in value and your old 996 is still worth the same or more than it is now.

Plus you've put a lot of work into your car. Read your post of last year that you linked to above, how enthusiastic you were, and imagine how sad you'd feel to see it being driven away by a new owner.

I agree with others who say buy another daily, or cycle to work!

A 4 mile commute will barely get any heat in the oil, it won't do your car any good.

It's unlikely to depreciate much further. Enjoy it as a daily. It's too nice a car to let go for the sake of it.

Thanks for the responses guys.

In my eyes it is a very special car, so would have to be something just as special to replace it.

In real terms that means another 911. Either a 997 c2s or c4s. My perfect car would be a 997.2 c4s in white....

We'll see how things develop...might see what RSJ would give for mine.

I would like to think I could trade it in at RSJ, 911V, Ashgoods etc

The simplest way to know what the trade-in price would be is to give them a call. I'd think they could all give you a ball-park figure over the phone subject to seeing it or you sending them service invoices and some photos.

It looks like a lovely car but I fear you might be shocked at what a dealer offers you. If so, you might as well keep it and enjoy using it.

Good Luck either way. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back