Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear number plate lights

mike123

Trainee
Morning guys,

In need of some help here.

Rear number plate lights don't work which is an mot failure. The bulbs were blown and have been replaced but still dont work.

I'm looking at the fuse layout and there's no mention of which fuse controls the rear number plate lights.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Have you cleaned up the contacts at all? Could be that they're corroded given the position on the car.

Connectors are fine and I've pushed the clips out slight to give a better contact.

None of the fuses are an issue, all seem in tact.

I have a pair which I removed when I replaced with an LED fitment. They work, let me know if you would like them if the diagnosis proves them faulty.

Just seen you're in North Cambs Mike, I'm going to be near Thrapston on Saturday early evening if you're nearby and would like them?

They share an earth so a meter on ohms and see if there is an earth .. the feed for both come from the rear end control unit which is located under the pasenger seat .. have a look there just to make sure theres no water .. old drink bottles etc .

So .. you need a volt meter to check for a feed at the lights and an ohms meter to check for an earth .. if you dont have a feed then there is an issue with the rear control unit .. might need a garage to check it for fault codes etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back