Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bored at Work - pics of stuff I owned or like

Simon W

Only just come back to looking at the forum after a few years in the wilderness. Spoke to a guy at the petrol station with a C2S on Sunday, which prompted me to look at a few photos of my stuff. Quiet day today, so posting a few bits and pieces here. This will be boring for most - tolerable for some.

My first 2s was Ocean with a FF spoiler. Bought from Autobahn in 2003. It was a good car, but 1 month into ownership - and with 53k on the clock the diff exploded. Autobahn did the right thing and fitted a new one. Enjoyed this car - pre children and did quite a few trips around the country with my girlfriend.

My friend Vic had 3 tremendous 993's at the time. This one of my fave pics - seen on here many times before. Had the chance to acquire the Riviera RS when he came to sell - thank god I didn't waste the £45k asking price on that (said me never)

105_0586_600.jpg

The 2nd 2S I had was a Zentith one from Strasse in Leeds. Another lovely car, but I missed the spoiler so bought one in order to swap and change when I fancied the amazing view of it you get from the wing mirror.

Dscn1680a.jpg

Also had one of my best motoring days out ever with my friend phil when we behaved like hooligans around Hertfordshire. Me in my 993, totally unable to keep up with him in the 430. Just back and forward through the Hatfield tunnel with the windows down...

I was going to live in America at this point, so I sold it, but a few weeks before I went, this 993T came up for sale which I spent a loooong time viewing in Manchester before finally deciding against it. I could've had this car for £35k. It was in poor condition, and the fact that I was about to leave the country for a year stopped me. It's Mirage silver and looked better in the metal.

Bought this 1976 Monte with a big V8 in America. Lot of fun for $3,000....

When I came back I bought the black one of which there are loads of photos...incl sig pic. Loved that car - another forum member owns it now.
Here's a photo of it

P6020268a.jpg

The guy I bought the black 2S from had bought this.....I don't even know what it is...but he thought it was extremely special.

Out of all the cars I've ever owned, this might be my favourite. It did it all so well. I miss it. E39 530 MSport

P1060431_800.jpg

Guy round the corner from me owns this - although I've never met him which is weird. Only one I've ever seen in this colour and it is fantastic.

IMG_0256.jpg

This one parks near me on Berkeley Square all the time. I love it.

IMG_1682_800.jpg

But most of my time is spent on a scooter. I ride this to work almost every day..and it is an incredible tool for the job.

DSC_0115_900.jpg

Had this for a while as well. But not a great commuter bike. But for all those that ride, there's nothing quite like opening up the throttle on a sports bike....

IMG_1053_800.jpg

That's it. That's used up a good 25 minutes.....

....actually - there's more.

I forgot about my E36 318is This was a great little coupe. Really enjoyed this..

DSCN1492_800.jpg

The black C2S owner also had one of these in his garage that he let me have a go in. Plastic rear screen and dog leg gearbox. Amazing fun stripped out light car.

P1040703_900.jpg

Owned this Shadow when i was going through my Easy Rider phase....

123_2305_800.jpg

And this Z3 which was a 2.8 and mediocre

car_800.jpg

And this photo of the 3.8 engine bay of Vic's RSR yellowbird. Still can't really get my head round it.

105_0583_800.jpg

and here's my 747...

P1010672_800.jpg

I am also bored a work.

I can only see a few of the pics, but from what I can see:...... dribble.

Some incredible cars (and houses) there. Thanks for posting.

I recognise Vics name and his cars. He was a big player back when P'heads was good, 10-15 years ago. Never met him mind. Is he still about and fully Porked up?

You've owned some cracking examples. Hat's off to you. :thumb:

E39s are cracking cars. I feel the same about old Volvos too weirdly. Only the boxey ones. My old V70 estate is without doubt THE best car I've owned over my 20 years of driving. As a versatile tool that just gets on with the job, it's superb. I just love it.

Kids are older now Simon. Never too late to get back into aircooled. Some nice cars available. :D

highway said:
Kids are older now Simon. Never too late to get back into aircooled. Some nice cars available. :D

Yes the kids are older, but (like 993's) their age makes them more expensive to keep. The fuel bills, servicing, modifications, breakdowns - the parallels are seemingly endless, Steve. They all cost a sh*tload of money to resolve, and once I had 3 kids, I realised if I am lucky enough to get to the other side of the teenage years in one piece, only then will I get back into sports car ownership. Sadly, I am already priced out of air cooled......if I had the money, yours is the first one I'd buy mate. No sh*t....
Funnily enough, looking through my old photos, I found the sale advert photos for your car when you bought it.......

I'd have imported that Monte 'pimpmobile' :grin: You'd cut a dash in that round Berkeley Square :thumb:

Zingari said:
I'd have imported that Monte 'pimpmobile' :grin: You'd cut a dash in that round Berkeley Square :thumb:

I did think about it. But it was the size of a boat. Literally. And had a 7 litre V8.

4.jpg

Awesome stuff. Those modern Piaggio's just run......and run.....and run!

Brilliant topic, truly jealous of your previous collection!

I feel like I need to stop owning cars for 5++ years at a time, and hop around more...!

Top collection, great choices and fun

Not to everyone's taste I realise but this is a project car over 5 years that is now 650bhp and over 700 lb/ft of torque yet looks completely standard. To me its beautiful and I have left emotional scars on many 997 turbo and Ferrari owners on the motorway as well as 194 mph on the autobahn

nickjonesn4 said:

Not to everyone's taste I realise but this is a project car over 5 years that is now 650bhp and over 700 lb/ft of torque yet looks completely standard. To me its beautiful and I have left emotional scars on many 997 turbo and Ferrari owners on the motorway as well as 194 mph on the autobahn

Brilliant car. I have an E Class estate (E350 diesel) at the moment. Would love an AMG

Simon W said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Brilliant car. I have an E Class estate (E350 diesel) at the moment. Would love an AMG

I paid £9k for this and then spent £5k getting it perfect and tuning it to the current state. Could go further but no need. Not many other cars that can fit a washing machine in the back, take a family of 4 on a 2 month European tour and do 150mph down the straight at Knockhill. It's never missed a beat reliability wise and in comfort mode is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Sack off the diesel and buy one!

Simon, thanks for sharing that lot with us, fantastic walk through your motoring history. I bet you've kicked yourself a few times for not buying that RS @£45k.....ooops.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
I bet you've kicked yourself a few times for not buying that RS @£45k.....ooops.

Trev

I missed out on a commercial property deal in 2014 by a single day that would have made me a truly life changing amount of money. Sort of thing that comes along once in a lifetime if you're very lucky.
That keeps me awake much more than the RS sadly....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back