Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electrical fun and games

Pad944968

Afternoon all

So the warm weather triggered a bit of spannering this weekend.

I would really appreciate some thoughts on the following.

Firstly, after removing the hard top, the roof has decided not to close. I checked that the roof worked on purchase, but the only thing I've done since is disconnect and reconnect the battery, and remove the hard top. I did notice that the side flaps were in the vertical position on removing the hard top. The owners manual suggests opening the clam shell manually and then retrying, the same for the side flaps which are now in the closed position, and no joy.

I have tried the simple things like ensuring the engine lid is closed, also tried closing with the key in the lock and holding but no joy. Also checked fuses and ok. Interestingly there is nothing at all, no noises, clicking or lights on the dash. It's like the circuit is dead. I'm tempted to jump the relay but worried this might cause more damage. I'm thinking maybe a micro switch.

Secondly, I've been progressing my locking fault. (Remote lights LED on dash but does not lock doors. Key locks drivers door only, but the remote then works and unlocks driver door, whilst the passenger door lock can be heard activating. Fob also able to operate bonnet release.

Thought I would check the easy stuff first and had a look under the passenger seat. Found this;

https://flickr.com/photos/124174052@N04/sets/72157694957117304

Box is identified as a tilt level relay, anyone know what this does other than the obvious? Anyway, red wire has broken off, I'm sure it was connected.

It was so brittle that all wires have now come away and on further inspection the red wire was indeed connected. I wonder what the implications of this are?

Good news is I've identified the switch is at fault on my seat problem.

Sorry fore the long winded post, any thoughts very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Peter

The picture is the alarm tilt sensor or motion sensor .. it wont stop the car from locking/unlocking though .. might trigger an alarm at random times though .

If the fob opens the bonnet then the fob is ok .. when you press the fob button you will see the Light on the dash pulse a red coulour .. that proves the car is recieving the fob signal.

My guess is the car is seeing something that it thinks it should not lock the car .. ie it thinks the drivers door is open or the key is still in the ignition lock.

useing the key is kinda a manual over ride so it will lock at that point .

Really you need a tester connected and look at the values for all the alarm components .. its like a 10 min check and someone like me can pretty easily diagnose it from just that .

Re the roof ..

The handbrake is on and the dash light for it illuminated ?

Have you followed the instructions in the manual to manually close the cab roof ?

Do that first then try to operate it .. see what happens then .

Again a tester and looking at the roof values would be usefull here .

Thanks Demort

Sounds like I need to get it on a tester to figure out what's good no on with the central locking. Thanks for identifying the tilt sensor.

Re the roof, I followed the procedure for manual closure starting with clam shell and the side flaps. However I didn't go as far as pulling the roof up and locking. Handbrake light works ok. As you say, maybe I should just get the car on a tester.

Many thanks again

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back