Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brembo discs at ecp

jond58

Are the brembo discs at Euro car parts ok. Does anyone know if they are painted? They have 19% off and a further 35% off so all four discs £210?!? Seems ridiculously good value ?!?

They should be the same. CP4L are usually cheaper using the discount code on their home page and they're the same firm.

I'll check that out. Need some fronts but I'll get them all for that price!

I have Brembo discs & pads on my 996.1, they're far better than the previous Sebro/Ate setup I had - much better feel in the pedal and quite a bit more efficient at stopping, they've also lasted a fair bit longer too :thumbs:

I got the fronts from ECP for half price but haven't fitted them yet. Was recommended them instead of Pagid as Pagids from ECP known to warp?

Are the discs supplied by Porsche Brembo? If so, are there any differences in the discs supplied by each? Is there a part number stamped on them to distinguish from non OE.
Or is it a case of exactly the same part, just different box

TIA
FZP

I don't think oem are Brembo. I think sebro, textar are the oem ones

I've got Brembo disc's from ECP on my C4s... I love them :thumb:

Turbo discs are SHW. They manufacture exclusively for Porsche and do not supply after-market outlets.

https://www.shw.de/produkte/bremsscheiben/bearbeitete-bremsscheiben/

Hence only available from OPC. Turbo discs by SHW through OPC are expensive!

For the NA cars it is confusing - some say OEM are Pagid, others say Sebro and some say its Brembo. On PH's there is another name - Zimmerman.

Outside the Turbo, it is not clear who the original manufacturer is for the range. Possibly all of the above for different models?

I would suspect that all the above are suppliers to Porsche, all of those appear as suppliers at some stage and probably dependant on many factors like availability and price they have all supplied Porsche discs. I run Brembos on my motorcycles, there products are excellent my main concern is that the housing part is painted or coated so it doesn't rust?!?!

Pagid discs on my c2. Very happy, no problems. Spent a fair but of time on track and seem to be wearing well 2 years in.

cheshire911 said:
Turbo discs are SHW. They manufacture exclusively for Porsche and do not supply after-market outlets.

https://www.shw.de/produkte/bremsscheiben/bearbeitete-bremsscheiben/

Hence only available from OPC. Turbo discs by SHW through OPC are expensive!

For the NA cars it is confusing - some say OEM are Pagid, others say Sebro and some say its Brembo. On PH's there is another name - Zimmerman.

Outside the Turbo, it is not clear who the original manufacturer is for the range. Possibly all of the above for different models?
I thought that the calipers were Brembo so just assumed discs would be the same. From you observation it sounds like who ever struck the deal at a particular point in time.
I'll do some more research.

I have the brembos from ecp and the centres are painted with shiny dark grey paint. Great quality product and a big improvement over my previous old discs. Sometimes they do a 50% discount on brakes and that's what I used to score a bargain.

FZP: The turbo discs (996 at least) are SHW and only available with a Porsche part number from OPC.

On non-turbo cars it is not clear who is original supplier.
Similarly, pads is uncertain - textar, pagid, ATE, Brembo?

jond58 said:
my main concern is that the housing part is painted or coated so it doesn't rust?!?!

My Brembo's have painted hubs, been on there for circa 9000 miles without any degradation in appearance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back