Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Classic Oil Service Confusion

madge

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/oilservice/

Has anyone had the Classic Oil Service and if so where did you get it done?

Porsche have been promoting this service recently for £299 or £330, depending on your model, which sounds like decent value even compared to an indy. Apparently it also gets you a few other goodies in qualifying you for the Porsche Classic Register.

So I called my local centre, Reading, who didn't seem to know anything about it and I had to send them the link to the page on Porsche's own website (on which the Reading Centre is listed as one of the centres to contact). It took 24 hours from my initial call for them to eventually let me know that they don't do it and then quote me their best price of almost £700 for an oil change!

I then called UK customer services to find out who could offer this service and they advised that it's only the 'classic' centres that can do it, of which there are only four in the country. I can understand why these centres might be best placed for a full restoration but it seems very odd for what is only an oil change. Swindon is one of these classic centres and isn't too far from me but Brooklands is nearer and there has been lots of good feedback about them on here.

So, I recalled that Brooklands have a lot of Classic info on their website and upon visiting the site found a section on the elusive "Classic Oil Service". Great I thought, so I called and spoke to the chap on the service desk but he doesn't know anything about it either and will get a colleague to phone me on Monday. :?

So I wondered if anyone on here knows about this service and where to get it because no-one at Porsche seems to know much about it. I'm finding it all quite confusing, perhaps I've hallucinated the whole thing. :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back