Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 PRICING - ARE PRICES FIRMING?

dirtybarrys

I've been in the market for a while for a 991.1, in particular a quality C4S, and have been watching prices but they don't appear to be softening anyway soon.

I'd hoped residuals might come closer to a budget of <£60k but dealers are asking a lot for them presently.

I'm curious as to what the view is out there from those who have purchased similar cars recently and those who have traded in to understand if I am realistic. (Sorry in advance if I have posted in the wrong index!).

:welcome: to 911uk dirtybarrys

There's a lot of people in the same position as you so strike quickly if/when you see one that comes close to what you're looking for at the price you want to pay.

I've followed the market from the off on the 991 - and particularly the C4S - and it seems that not only did they have a high base price but a lot of people spec'd them up so the new price was relatively higher than any previous generation. UK build slot allocations seemed to be tighter than ever before too. Both of these reasons have meant that residuals have been really good.

The situation has been exacerbated by the fact that values of 996s and 997s have risen over the last couple of years with Gen2 997s becoming particularly desirable.

It's got to a stage where current asking prices for 997.2 C4S are where many people expected the 991.1C4S would be by now.

Good Luck with your search. :thumb:

Five years on from buying 997.2, I'd hoped the market would be different. It's not and the 997.2 and 991.1 all fetch more than I'd anticipated. I think the 991.1 needs a few more years to drop to where the 997.2 market was five years ago.

Agreed about prices holding station on the 991 C4S, it does look like the 991 Turbo's are coming down though :?:

I changed my 911.1 C2S for a 4S in Dec last year. I too had been looking at prices etc.

I think others have made some sallient points but in summary I found:
- I was offered part ex nearly what I paid retail for my C2S in March 2017 and OPC Bolton advertised it higher than I had bought it for and sold it quickly implying C2S market is bouyant.
- There are not that many C4S around, probably half as many at OPCs compared to C2S so less to chose from. Most are well spec'd but some odd colour combinations too in my opinion so the actual pool of 'non risque' cars is probably even less. Plenty cheaper though from non OPC but I suppose you pay extra for the supposed peace of mind.
- C4S seem very spec and mileage dependant with variations in prices. When I was negotiating on the one I bought there were a few cheaper but mileage seems to chip away at them more than the C2S anecdotally
- seems to be a narrowing of gap between gen2 and gen1 but this might just be circumstances ie a gen1 car 5 years old has plateau'd whereas a gen2 car in year 2 is falling faster.

If 997s are anything to go by and 991s have been generally well thought of then depreciation curve looks slow

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My experience is much the same as described here. I've been out of the Porsche ownership for a while and I've been looking for a second car and something pretty specific which also means higher priced.

I'll keep looking ! Thanks again, very much appreciated.

This any good :dont know:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/777991369003753/permalink/1201952199940999/

"ŽMichael Lewars"Ž to PORSCHE OWNERS UK
17 hrs ·
Hi everyone - I'm selling my 991 Carrera 2 S

Dec 2011 - 991.1
Agate Grey, with black leather
PDK
20" Sport Design wheels in black with silver lip
Sport steering wheel with paddles
PCM
Factory sports exhaust - simply awesome
Alcantara headlining
Tilt & slide sunroof
Bose sound system
14 way heated seats
Memory seat
Red seatbelts
Garage link
Folding mirrors
Cruise control

Has 65k miles mainly motorway miles
Fresh MOT from Porsche Bournemouth last week
New Pirelli N rated tyres fitted in March 2018 at Porsche Bournemouth
Full service history - next service due in March 2019
4 owners including me
All manuals
2 keys

Job requiring 400 miles per week is forcing a reluctant sale.

Priced at £48,500 - no offers. This is by far the cheapest 991 in the country and it has the perfect specification. I think it's a fair price and purely reflective of the miles.

Wants for nothing and in superb condition

If you're serious about a 991 have a look at mine

Please PM if interested

Thanks for looking

thanks for all comments and I have taken your advice and bought the car, I get it next week!

I'll post the pictures next week (hopefully).

Thanks for this and advice elsewhere on Insurance, got sorted too with super service from Classicline.

With no new cars coming into the country from end of May until Sep you have to imagine residuals will be very strong this year. I know my OPC has a very big used inventory at the moment and I think most other OPC's do as they know that's where they can do business over the summer. Additionally particular to the S I think build slots have been very scarce this year with production switched to T's or GTS's.

Been keeping an eye on them for a while (2S in my case) but they're not really dipping below £60k, never mind £50k which is the point I'd be seriously considering one. On the other hand my 997.2 is still holding firm so can't complain I guess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back