Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 Manual - Looking good!

ragpicker said:
You're joking, right?

You've seen who the seller is? :dont know:

I'm not in the know like you boys :eh!:

Just caught my eye :dont know:

ragpicker said:
Ahhh ok, I thought you were :fisherman:

I will say this, the dude does take a nice picture.

Worth having a read of this though if you're serious about the car

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125972&highlight=modern+classic

It's not for me, happy with what I have 8)

I just like to keep an eye in, what's out and about you know.

Part of my checklist was 996.2 due to the headlamps :oops: but I have to say I have found myself liking the mk1 style - defo getting better with age, and this one would tick a few boxes for me but wasn't aware of anything about the seller at all :nooo:

Re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying: bearth, wide, it, give, a!

Save yourself a boatload of grief.

Cheers, Keith.

Yeah I like to keep an eye out too. Like you I'm also becoming a big fan of the 996.1.

I think that Pinky guy who designed it was ahead of his time, its taken quite a while for people to generally appreciate how good it looks.

I'd go for a GT3 kitted 996.1 C2 Manual with the GT3 2 piece wheels. Any colour, wouldn't be fussy.

:)

ragpicker said:
Yeah I like to keep an eye out too. Like you I'm also becoming a big fan of the 996.1.

I think that Pinky guy who designed it was ahead of his time, its taken quite a while for people to generally appreciate how good it looks.

I'd go for a GT3 kitted 996.1 C2 Manual with the GT3 2 piece wheels. Any colour, wouldn't be fussy.

Me too, recently purchased this car, I personally reckon the aero 996.1 looks better than the 996,2

Attachments

• 177159_16_big_959.jpg
    177159_16_big_959.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 4,147
  • 177159_18_big_130.jpg
    177159_18_big_130.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 4,147
Got to love this front end shot

Attachments

• 177159_21_big_165.jpg
    177159_21_big_165.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 4,140
That looks superb! Congrats! :thumb:

Exactly what I'm on about. Funny that its taken 15 years or so to look just right stylistically, even more so with the aerokit.

If it were my car I'd probably put some 7/15mm spacers on to fill the arches out. As it stands the wheels look a little tucked in. Wheel spacing is one of the things they've definitely improved with the 991 I think.

Regardless, its lovely :thumb:

spacers are on the to do list, as well as a momo 07 steering wheel

I think an aerokitted 996.1 is just spot on, especially at the GT3 ride height.

Funnily enough, until a few years ago, I really disliked the 996, but now I love them!

IanG1 said:
Got to love this front end shot

Ian - you're becoming a picture *****!

:grin: :grin: :thumb:

ragpicker said:

:thumb:

IanG1 said:
ragpicker said:

Me too, recently purchased this car, I personally reckon the aero 996.1 looks better than the 996,2

Stunning Ian. Stunning :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back