Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering springs bought but now a couple of spacing Q''s?

Grey996

Nurburgring
My wheels are in for a refurb but the shop has said the bolts are so knackered that he won't put them back on. I'm now at the crossroads of getting standard length bolts or longer ones and spacing the wheels out as I'm lowering them anyway.

Questions are:

1. As far as spacing goes is it 7 front and 15mm rear?

2. DesignTek on Design911 have what looks to be complete kits for £263 plus vat and post, are there cheaper options?

3. If I buy the longer bolts for now will they fit without the spacers?

Thanks as ever

Simon

I think 7 and 15 is right. £260 is a heck of a lot for 4 spacers/20 bolts.

Thanks, that's what I thought they're £311 all in. I've found some cheapo ones on eBay but can't find anything in between?

Decent standard bolts are £180 though so it's one of those, do I pay the extra for the spacers and longer bolts ???!

Re: Lowering springs bought but now a couple of spacing Q''

Grey996 said:
My wheels are in for a refurb but the shop has said the bolts are so knackered that he won't put them back on. I'm now at the crossroads of getting standard length bolts or longer ones and spacing the wheels out as I'm lowering them anyway.

Questions are:

1. As far as spacing goes is it 7 front and 15mm rear?

2. DesignTek on Design911 have what looks to be complete kits for £263 plus vat and post, are there cheaper options?

3. If I buy the longer bolts for now will they fit without the spacers?

Thanks as ever

Simon

Yes, 7/15 best and I would go for H&R's with a stud conversion instead of bolts (the shims always rot anyway) :thumb:

As far as lowering goes, I keep meaning to do mine but can hardly get it on a 2-poster without the use of a trolley jack which keeps putting me off as I know I won't be able to get it easily on/off most ramps (inc MOT jacks) :eh!:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back