Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

what's wrong with this 991 GT3?

badlands

Folks,

I'm considering selling my 993 to get into a gen 1 991 GT3 later this year, and as such trying to get a feel for the market. Max budget prob around £110k so a higher mileage clubsport like this looks just the ticket:

http://www.atpcars.co.uk/inventory/porsche-911-991-gt3/

7.5.jpg

17-3.jpg

Not sure how new to the market it is, but any thoughts on why it hasn't been snapped up?

- high mileage
- engine rebuilt
- third party dealer so cannot be warrantied by Porsche? (excluding 10 year engine coverage)

don't touch it unless its got full OPC warranty for 10 years as so many of these have engine issues and I dread to think how much a rebuild would be!!

even though its been rebuilt it does not mean sheet....mate of mine has a 64 plate cars, full OPC support and warranty and he is on his 4th engine and I understand there is a certain letter like F or G engine that you want. all the issues to date have been sorted but who knows?

has he been unlucky? maybe but these cars should never have done this in the first place!!

I mean an engine that revs to 9k is something else and only ever for racing and then rebuilt after a few races or a season.

i thought all engines have blanket 10 year engine warranty from Porsche, irrelevant of whether the car someone has was last bought from Porsche, privately or third party dealer?

badlands said:
Not sure how new to the market it is, but any thoughts on why it hasn't been snapped up?

Seems a good price for a CS really (cheapest CS with Porsche is currently £128,490 albeit with only 6300 miles). I've seen this one advertised for a while now (possibly 6 weeks or so). Seems odd as the CS's seem to sell pretty quickly.

badlands said:
- high mileage
- engine rebuilt
- third party dealer so cannot be warrantied by Porsche? (excluding 10 year engine coverage)

It states "Documented Engine Recall Campaign Completed including Certificate issued by Porsche UK" so should now be covered by the 10 year warranty from date of reg - obviously need to confirm with Porsche before parting with money.

If you're serious, confirm the 10 year warranty with Porsche and see if the vendor will put it through the 111 point check as a starter....

v helpful advice: thank you

i am not sure on the 10 year warranty as if the OPC extended warranty expired and dealer or previous owner did not renew then it would need to go back for inspection to get it put back on and who knows how much that would be...and Porsche can still say no and then you have a problem

as Squelch said check with porsche on the 10 year OPC gig. if not then get the dealer to send it to them and put it on.

then you have piece of mind and you are into a nice clubbie.

badlands said:
what's wrong with this 991 GT3?

What's wrong with it :?:

It's not parked in my garage, that's what! :floor:

:thumb:

another thing wrong with it....its been used too. not sat in a garage by some speculator

NLW73 said:
i am not sure on the 10 year warranty as if the OPC extended warranty expired and dealer or previous owner did not renew then it would need to go back for inspection to get it put back on and who knows how much that would be...and Porsche can still say no and then you have a problem

as Squelch said check with porsche on the 10 year OPC gig. if not then get the dealer to send it to them and put it on.

then you have piece of mind and you are into a nice clubbie.

Now this sounds like a solid plan. *goes to remortgage calculator*

I wouldn't consider a 991 GT3 unless it had full OPC service history and warranty.

If you are purchasing outside the OPC network then a 111 point check is an absolute must.

If you can negotiate the 111 point check and a 2-year OPC warranty (circa 2.5K) then it's a great deal!!

Failing that, be prepared to stump up the cost for the 111 point check and warranty. You need to consider the biennial renewal as part of the ongoing maintenance.

IMHO the car is still a good price at 116.5K with 2 year OPC warranty.

Good luck with it :thumb:

sound advice - thanks.

My question would be: disregarding who pays for the 111 check, if various things that need fixing for the car to be OPC warrantied, do I or the dealer pay for those?

Suppose that's just another negotiating point

badlands said:
Suppose that's just another negotiating point

Yep, the car is advertised without defect or anything that would detract from the value. Therefore, anything untoward should be repaired/replaced prior to sale. Moreover, any corrective work would need to be completed by the OPC so that the warranty can be issued.

I don't know how the engine guarantee works but for the car to get an OPC warranty you need have owned it for 90 days unless you're buying privately and can get an existing warranty transferred.

If buying from a dealer they are liable in the meantime.

having availed myself of the 10 year warranty program, I can state that the OPC did not use my 'bought' warranty - it was replaced under the 10 year blanket replacement policy.
this is the exact text (in email ) from Porsche when I queried it with PCGB, and finally got a response.

With regards to your Porsche GT3 and the 10 year warranty, I can confirm that the warranty on internal engine components will last for ten years as from the new vehicle delivery date, or until the total mileage is 194,000 kilometres or 120,000 miles, depending on which comes first.

I appreciate your concern that you were not notified of the warranty. Please be assured that there was no intention to cause you any frustration. Porsche Centre Cambridge are aware of all the required information to claim under the warranty and they will look after you throughout.

The car in the ad looks pretty good value;
only expensive bits missing are the axle lift & PCCB, but neither are on everyones wish list.
The recall campaign was to replace the 'engine bursting into flames' option :)
only just up the road from me... might take a drive out tomorrow for a look see

"194,000 kilometres or 120,000 miles, depending on which comes first. "

8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back