Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dansk strikes again

BHZ661

Less than 3 years and not even 5000 miles Dansk flexi failure strikes again. Certainly will not be replaced by the same poor quality rubbish from them this time

Sorry to hear this Alex Yates amongst others had the same issue.
Hes now got a topgear set up they come with a lifetime you own the car warranty. and they offer 10% discount to forum members . lastly they also offer a payment plan option for those times when these things happen just at the wrong time financially.

hope that suggestion helps :thumb:

Cheers Phil that will be the direction im heading the Topgear set up , only hear good things about there silencers

I spotted a used set of Dansk on ebay a couple of days back, they looked ok (I know my OEM ones will need replacing at some point). its only thanks to this forum that I knew to avoid.....

Yep - DANSK Flexi = bag of poo.

Does anyone know if the Topgear valved cat back is suitable replacement for my standard switchable system?

Waiting for mine to to pop. No doubt they will do at some point. Last time I looked they were both the newest and the most rusty part of the whole car.

It's a shame because the actual back box itself is alright and they produce a decent sound too. Just let down by a serious design flaw on the non-required flexi, that even now, doesn't seem to have been addressed!

BHZ661 said:
Less than 3 years and not even 5000 miles Dansk flexi failure strikes again. Certainly will not be replaced by the same poor quality rubbish from them this time

Sorry to read this Gary, have you considered getting them repaired with a braided style flexi?

I've just welded new flexis on mine and will be selling them any day.

Kingb4 said:
I spotted a used set of Dansk on ebay a couple of days back, they looked ok (I know my OEM ones will need replacing at some point). its only thanks to this forum that I knew to avoid.....

i think these ones are without the flex bits so they might be a good buy.

I think they came off a guy on here and he has gone to mild top gear pipes as these are the super sound ones so pretty loud. seem in good condition.

rdodger said:
Does anyone know if the Topgear valved cat back is suitable replacement for my standard switchable system?

yes and it can be wired into your PSE button , other advantages are its lighter so with add bhp

NLW73 said:
Kingb4 said:

i think these ones are without the flex bits so they might be a good buy.

I think they came off a guy on here and he has gone to mild top gear pipes as these are the super sound ones so pretty loud. seem in good condition.

Thanks NLW - thats useful to know. They have sold now.....As I am planning to keep the car long-term, I think I will make the investment in a Topgear system when the time comes.....

My Dansk exhaust after less than a year on the car from new.
Despicable... :x

Attachments

• img_0649_192.jpg
    img_0649_192.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3,932
Replacement is nice but v expensive and sometimes unnecessary... instead you can get them refurbished and or bypassed while you're at it!

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/porsche-911-996-977

Photos of the bottom seams being welded in the link are actually of my car. Paul does a brilliant job and literally save me hundreds if not over a thousand quid when is all I needed was a bit of welding to save the boxes!

Car sounds amazing after the work... proper flat six Porsche soundtrack!!

Cheers
BK :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back