Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scuffing noise from brakes

Driver77

Just wanted to post about a frustrating noise coming from the rear left brakes when cold. When I pull away there is a scuffing noise which I can get rid of by applying the brakes on and off, cycling the handbrake and usually disappears when the brakes get warm.

I have raised with my OPC as my car is under warranty and was told sometimes some grit, debris gets on the disc and usually hard braking will resolve. Having tried this numerous times and having had the discs changed at the rear reasonably recently, I wondered if anyone had any sensible suggestions or suitable resolves?

Initially I thought it was the tyre catching but it's definately related to the brakes. Thoughts gratefully received.

infrasilver said:
Could be a sticking piston in the caliper, depends how much the car gets used, usually if it's infrequently used a piston can stick.

Yeah, that was my concern it might be something like this, but finding it difficult at the moment to get the OPC to investigate without charge despite car being under warranty!!

If you have a gravel driveway then stones getting stuck in the calipers is common place .

Other than that i would get the handbrake shoes slackened off a bit or checked .. ive had 997 before that had similar noises and by adjusting the shoes correctly it fixed the fault .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back