Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Part return

RL1989

Afternoon all,
Last week i collect a drive belt roller from my local OPC, only to realise i had ordered the wrong part when i got home.
I've ordered the correct part but the OPC tells me they cannot return the part to Porsche and therefore i'm not eligible for a refund?

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!

I had it with an electrical part. I spoke to the DP about it and got a refund. They do seem to follow Porsche policy and say if Porsche won't accept it back, then neither will they.

Magic919 said:
I had it with an electrical part. I spoke to the DP about it and got a refund. They do seem to follow Porsche policy and say if Porsche won't accept it back, then neither will they.

Completely understandable, had they let me know when ordering the part that it was non-returnable!
I think I'll take it with me and try my luck :thumb:

This is the case on parts they have to order in. So long as you know when ordering it is OK with me.

MC

Recently and I mean very recently Porsche have changed the rules and will accept returns from the OPC FOC . So either the service guy hasnt been to any recent meetings or they are just trying it on. This info is FACT and I was told this by my OPC service guy ,who I know well. Funnily enough only today sent back some parts that were not right for me , but they had happily ordered them to check as they knew they could now return them. :thumb: :thumb:

RL1989 said:
Afternoon all,
Last week i collect a drive belt roller from my local OPC, only to realise i had ordered the wrong part when i got home.
I've ordered the correct part but the OPC tells me they cannot return the part to Porsche and therefore i'm not eligible for a refund?

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!

Which OPC is this ?

Consumer laws https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

but if you bought it over the phone or interest, then you are covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations - which came into force in the UK in June 2014 - now apply when buying online. This replaced the Distance Selling Regulations which no longer apply in UK law.

The Consumer Contracts Regulations

From 13 June 2014, the Consumer Contracts Regulations - which implement the European Consumer Rights Directive into UK law - apply to all purchases you make at a distance, for example online or over the phone.

This piece of legislation replaces the Distance Selling Regulations.

The Consumer Contracts Regulations stated 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

When ever I have had to order a part over the phone from Reading OPC they have stated that as they have to order it in it can't be returned.

Its almost a mantra - I expect and agree to each time.

So its not correct ?

Last purchase 3 weeks ago - has it changed since then?

For this reason, when I'm ordering a part I will look up the part number myself.

But crucially when on the phone ordering, I will have them look it up based on my car reg, and then have them read the part number and check their number matches mine.

Then if it is wrong, it is their fault and saves any argument.

This was at OPC Cambridge.
I specified the part number however i wasn't informed that i couldn't return it, only that it had to be ordered in as they don't keep them in stock :what:

I will try for a refund when i collect the new part

RL1989 said:
This was at OPC Cambridge.
I specified the part number however i wasn't informed that i couldn't return it, only that it had to be ordered in as they don't keep them in stock :what:

I will try for a refund when i collect the new part

Cambridge are a bit strange !

Well, they refused to give me a refund, even after I explained that I wasn't informed that the part was non refundable when I ordered it, and after (apparently) asking the manager :x

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back