Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel bolt on front and nuts on rear

MAZI

Trainee
I have just taken delivery of some Michelins to replace my rears.
Anyway I have discovered that the rears have nuts and the fronts have bolts.
Previous owner says he fitted original Porsche spacers (is their such a thing)?
He never said why the rears have nuts?? Any ideas??

Are the spacers wide ones with their own studs or narrow bolt through?

mazi , yes the 17mm porsche spacer has bolts , its a wierd roll back to air-cooled I think . I brought some of these spacers and had to punch out the bolts before I could fit them. So he is right :thumb:

Attachments

• 266_xl_234.jpg
    266_xl_234.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,889
These are similar to what I have on mine.
Can I change to bolts or is it too much hassle.
The spacer seem welded to the hub. (not literally)

MAZI said:
These are similar to what I have on mine.
Can I change to bolts or is it too much hassle.
The spacer seem welded to the hub. (not literally)

All I did was hit the end of the bolt on the spacer hard and they pop off took less than a min to do both. but not sure from what your saying what you have or exactilly what you want . not sure if you asking can you swap your existing nuts for bolts or which way round :?: :?: or have I just ended up confusing myself :grin: :grin:

I was in my local garage the other day getting my car checked and there was a car on the ramp with the exact same spacers that were bolted onto the hub and then had nuts to hold the wheels on.
Mechanic told me that he thought that because the spacers are over 15 mm, these were 20 mm, for safety they make them this way due to the length the wheel bolt would have to be.
The nuts that were supplied with the ones I looked at didn't seem very robust but they did the job.

Cant punch the bolts out as taking the spacer off will be a ball ache.
The nuts are not even capped ones. I can see the threaded bolt poking out through them which looks a bit gay.

Take them off and put 15 mm rear and 7 mm front, you can buy a full set off fleabay for around £140, come with extd bolts and locking bolts as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back