Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Argentinian MotoGP today

bakumackem

Trainee
Love cars, love bikes, love Motorsport but I've got to say the Argentinian MotoGP had everything today.........grid controversy, petulance and downright dangerous riding on a wet track, culminating in a British rider winning to take the championship lead.

You can keep your F1!

Crazy race, great result.

Fantastic race, and well done to CC. :thumb:

Marquez is rapidly regressing to his nutter earlier self. :nooo:
His bully-boy behaviour will either end in serious injury to himself or others.
He just doesn't know when to ease up. :dont know:

DRZ911 said:
Fantastic race, and well done to CC. :thumb:

Marquez is rapidly regressing to his nutter earlier self. :nooo:
His bully-boy behaviour will either end in serious injury to himself or others.
He just doesn't know when to ease up. :dont know:

You're obviously a tormented Rossi fanboy. MM is an amazing contribution to MotoGP. He's the quickest rider on the planet and keeps things exciting. Nutter? Maybe. But they all are... Talented? Amazingly so.

For those of us without btsports it is repeated on channel 5 tuesday at 7pm. Bored rigid by the f1 on sunday. Looking forward to proper racing tomorrow!

Norfolk & Idea said:
You're obviously a tormented Rossi fanboy. MM is an amazing contribution to MotoGP. He's the quickest rider on the planet and keeps things exciting. Nutter? Maybe. But they all are... Talented? Amazingly so.

It's a bit sad that it's been reduced to that, TBH. If you think MM is a nutter you're a Rossi fan-boi. If you think Rossi is talking crap you're a MM bum lick. As an absolute neutral it might make for entertaining racing - but I wouldn't want MM anywhere near me at 100mph. That move was nuts the first time. The second even more so. And that stuff on grid?

No thanks.

Fantstic race - big CC fan.

I admit i'm also a massive Rossi fan - while MM is a great racer he's also very dangerous. For me he should get a 2 race ban for the way he's behaved.

He's not above the sport - neither are Honda

Osh

arry said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

It's a bit sad that it's been reduced to that, TBH. If you think MM is a nutter you're a Rossi fan-boi. If you think Rossi is talking crap you're a MM bum lick. As an absolute neutral it might make for entertaining racing - but I wouldn't want MM anywhere near me at 100mph. That move was nuts the first time. The second even more so. And that stuff on grid?

No thanks.

I don't do hero worship. Love MotoGP though.

It always make me smile when the Rossi fan boys get all hysterical when Rossi gets a dose of his own medicine. Ask Stoner, Biaggi, Giberneau et al. Rossi's done some dangerous stuff on track over the years too. Entertaining? Yes. Dangerous? Definitely...

Osh said:
Fantstic race - big CC fan.

I admit i'm also a massive Rossi fan - while MM is a great racer he's also very dangerous. For me he should get a 2 race ban for the way he's behaved.

He's not above the sport - neither are Honda

Osh

And neither is Rossi!

Oh, wait a minute.... yes he is :lol:

I don't think you can compare some of the on-the-edge things Rossi has done in the past with what MM is now doing.

He's down right dangerous and doesn't give a stuff about the problems he causes.

And if you recall Rossi has been punished in the past - so, no - he's not above the sport.

Osh

bakumackem said:
Love cars, love bikes, love Motorsport but I've got to say the Argentinian MotoGP had everything today.........grid controversy, petulance and downright dangerous riding on a wet track, culminating in a British rider winning to take the championship lead.

You can keep your F1!

Ironically I found last weekends F1 to be an unusually entertaining example relative to the norm, but to be honest you are still right - the MotoGP was better. Fabulous event.

The thing that perplexed me though was that the MotoGP rules only called for a ride through for Marquez's grid indiscretion. Most forms of motorsport would have had him black flagged on lap 1 and done for the weekend for that kind of grid violation. :dont know:

Norfolk & Idea said:
I don't do hero worship. Love MotoGP though.

It always make me smile when the Rossi fan boys get all hysterical when Rossi gets a dose of his own medicine. Ask Stoner, Biaggi, Giberneau et al. Rossi's done some dangerous stuff on track over the years too. Entertaining? Yes. Dangerous? Definitely...

I'm not a Rossi fan boy.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Comparing antics between them is irrelevant. It was a crap move and followed a host of other iffy stuff even before the race got underway.

Reminds me of BTCC where Plato just shoves people into the gravel using them to save him braking and then says 'that's racing'. No, it isn't.

Just waiting for it to start. There is more action in one race of MotoGP than a season of F1.....and I love F1.

The events from Argentine reflect badly on the officials too IMO.

The commentary team were all jumping up and down when MM was sorting himself out on the grid, but why was he not extracted from the grid and moved to the pit lane as he should have been? Ridiculous to just start the race and then impose a drive through penalty.

I'd love to see what happened between MM & Vinales too at the end, there must have been some more banger racing tactics employed.

Have been avoiding the thread as refuse to pay for Sky et al.

Brilliant result for Cal, what an exciting race, much better than F1.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back