Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top up oil

SGH

Nurburgring
Looking on Opie Oils website for some top up oil for my 997.2 C4S showing both these Mobil oils which one is correct please.

Mobil Super 3000 X1 5W-40 Engine Oil

Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

Mobil 1 is what gets put in mine

If you are only topping up with a small amount between changes I would be amazed if it makes any difference.

MC

Mate, it wont make much difference on a top up , but highly suggest you change your oil annually or every 10k miles dont wait the 2 years porsche reccomend remember Porsche are the same people that were stupid enough to build in potential issues with the 996 and were so stupid they carried the potential problems across the the next generation of car :nooo: .
when you do an oil change then mileage dependant but if between 30k and 50k then suggest 5w40 and if over 50k suggest 10w40 or 10w50 either stick with mobil if you like it or consider millers nano+ oil .
it seems the theory is that the flat6 exgine is not very good at retaining oil when off and a thicker viscosity oil keeps the engine coated better . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Mate, it wont make much difference on a top up , but highly suggest you change your oil annually or every 10k miles dont wait the 2 years porsche reccomend remember Porsche are the same people that were stupid enough to build in potential issues with the 996 and were so stupid they carried the potential problems across the the next generation of car :nooo: .
when you do an oil change then mileage dependant but if between 30k and 50k then suggest 5w40 and if over 50k suggest 10w40 or 10w50 either stick with mobil if you like it or consider millers nano+ oil .
it seems the theory is that the flat6 exgine is not very good at retaining oil when off and a thicker viscosity oil keeps the engine coated better . :thumb:

:thumb:

SGH said:
:thumb: I'll order some Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

I forgot to tell you yesterday that Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 is what Tonbridge OPC would have put in your car so you will be topping up with exactly the same stuff. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back