Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indicator stalks

Osh

Paul Ricard
Chaps - simple question; anyone know if the spring on the indicator stalks can be removed/replaced repaired...??

Anyone on here done it - anyone know of a thread that covers this...??

So I replaced my three-stalk unit with a second hand four-stalk unit but the indicator stalks don't work properly. When you turn on the right indicator it won't stay on the on position unless you hold it; if you indicate left then it won't self-cancel.

Brand new unit is £350

Thoughts anyone...??

Osh

Where did you get your price from Osh? I only paid £380 for the full installation including all parts & labour.

I don't think the stalks are repairable. I replaced my 3-stalk unit when I experienced the same issues you did. During the replacement an approx 5mm piece of thin plastic dropped out of the innards of the broken stalk unit, apparently this shears off and causes th fault, it's not a spring failing. Unfortunately I think the only solution is to fit a new stalk unit.

alex yates said:
Carparts4leass do them at £232. Add in the current discount code for a further 12% off drops it down to £204.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...28cd1648da261c12e8a14dc3edd1b9abc80237&000312

Code: APRIL12

Did mine a few weeks ago. It's not too difficult. Bought mine from this link too. It's the real thing.

Takes about an hour and is incredibly satisfying job for the ammature DIY'er.

I used this YouTube:-

https://youtu.be/hux78ZoPcAI

It's spot on. Watch it a couple of time and make some notes. You only need three tools.

Top tip, don't forget to put the key into position 2 and disconnect the battery before you start :thumb:

Attachments

• img_5564_147.jpg
    img_5564_147.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,100
I should have done that but wasn't confident at the time of ordering.

wasz said:
Send the broken one back for a refund!

Given three of the stalks are still good do you think they have any value?

:?:

Only for a BMW driver :wack:

:hand:
To split it.. maybe someone needs a trip computer or cruise control stalk :dont know:

I'm fitting it because I really feel the need for cruise on the 996 - it's very easy to let the speed increase on the motorway with very small changes in throttle opening. It's especially useful in those long stretches of roadworks with average speed cameras; set it to 50 and relax!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back