Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sebro Brakes

INWB

Monza
So I am going through a bit of a love in for my car currently. 60,000 miles has just ticked over and I'm doing some preventative maintenance stuff.

So -

RSS Engine Mounts
HEL Performace Braided Brake Hoses
Top Gear 200 Cell Sport CAT 63mm (this is the final bit after replacing the mufflers and manifolds a couple of months ago)

While I'm at it I am going to change the pads and brakes. They are worn through but I hate the car being spoilt by worn looking discs and the rust that accumulates as a result. I may also be changing the brake lines at the same time as these are a item that rusts - mainly round the clips - so it makes sense.

All in all around £2500 of stuff.

My garage, GCR, has recommended Sebro over OEM discs and pads. He, that is Chris who I really like, says that they are better than Brembo and much better than OEM. I trust him but would like some other opinions before I fist the kumquat.

Cheers

PS - also is there any value in the old discs and CAT???

(yes this is also posted on PH)

Not sure re 996, however on the 993 Sebro are the Disc to go for and i'm sure I've read that OEM are just re-packaged Sebro Discs anyway.
The same with pads too. Textar are also OEM without the fancy Porsche packaging. :thumb:

C.

I went with Brembo pads and Sebro discs as they do grooved which I wanted rather than cross drilled.
Very pleased with the setup. :thumb:

Sebro discs are certainly not re-packaged OEM. They Are grooved whereas OEM are drilled. I'll be going Sebro for my next set because the OEM ones crack, starting at the holes. I reccommend you do too (Buy Sebro, not crack from your hole).

cableguy
Posted: 03 Apr 2018 06:32 pm Post subject:

Not sure re 996, however on the 993 Sebro are the Disc to go for and i'm sure I've read that OEM are just re-packaged Sebro Discs anyway.
The same with pads too. Textar are also OEM without the fancy Porsche packaging.

C.

Sure the same is correct for 996 - I have bought a couple of sets of sebro (for C4S) discs always cross drilled not grooved (perhaps they have changed ?) - I always understood them to be the OEM.

Never had issues with cracking from the holes (no track work though) and holes cleared every couple of years.

Martin996RSR said:
I suspect Sebro do two different flavours, slotted or drilled.

Yes they do, both shown on ECP's site but they had to special order in my grooved ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back