Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear Series 25

Was Series 25 of Top Gear back on track ?

• Yes, a competent effort for the car/bike enthusiast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, back to the drawing board for Series 26

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRZ911

Mugello
Series 25 of Top Gear finished last night.

So has the BBC finally got Top Gear back on track with the bromance between Le Blanc and Harris backed up by Rory Reid and the occasional contribution by Sabine Schmitz ?

Cant stand it , Le Blanc is uncomfortable and false , i like Chris Harris.

It would only work with the plonker Clarkson and crew so now dead in the water.

Mike

I like Le Blanc and think he's great at the job. Completely wipes the floor with Chris Evans and both the current 3 put up a good show against George, Zippy & Bungle who used to do it.

It just turned into such a cliche with those 3, pulling the same gags over and over again.

Harris is also decent and IMHO a proper motoring journalist.

Jury's still out on RR. He's OK but a bit too young.

I have only watched the new show for half a hour in total so i probably shouldn't vote to be honest , i just loved Clarkson and co , even though Clarkson is a plonker he was brilliant at putting the show together and working with Hammond they were very funny imo... i watch the reruns on Dave and some of their new show but Top Gear is finished for me , "for now anyway" until i get over it :sad:

It was like watching the output of some clowns doing their own video on Youtube, vaguely amusing light entertainment but all the depth of a car park puddle.

Chris Harris is excellent though, when not hamstrung by the appalling scriptwriting and presentation.

Le Blanc and Harris seem to blend well - Rory still looks like a spare part - treating him as the object of a lot of jokes does not help either - either redress the balance by doing some films with him and Matt or get a new presenter. He is the odd one out at present - shame, as he is not a bad presenter

Really enjoyed it. The ad hoc joking between MLB and Harris is getting better and better. Really looking forward to the next series :thumb:

Rory is the odd guy out but I still like him. He's essentially us: geeks looking on at a Hollywood star and a driving god. And I think so do they. It comes across to me as a case of 'we can wind him up but you leave him alone'. Like winding up their little brother? At least I hope that's what it is :?:

In a word "awful".

Top Gear went down hill when it became less about cars & more about the ego's of its 3 presenters. Evans & Le Blanc appear to have just tried to copy the Clarkson format so haven't watched the program for many years.

I have found the new show to be a bit cringe worthy so have not watched much of it really. Just chunks here and there. MLB is a natural in front of the camera and does a good job. CH is a bit strange imho and RR a bit juvenile due to his age I guess. But in fairness to the three of them they are at the mercy of the production team, writers, script etc so there is only so much they can do. The show has probably run its course. Time to invent a new one I suggest!
Rick

New997buyer said:
Really enjoyed it. The ad hoc joking between MLB and Harris is getting better and better. Really looking forward to the next series :thumb:

^This. MLB is a good presenter to my eyes, he can ride a bike and drive a car a damn sight better than Clarkson too.

The format and 3 stooge mimicry needs to change though, as the 3 new presenters could easily carry off just being themselves instead of imitating the 3 goons.

All in all, a good effort :thumb:

I found that I was recording the shows and then fast forwarding through a fair bit of the content.
The "awayday" films are still superbly shot but often let down by lame banter and comment.
In my opinion, not a must see or must watch live show but still worth a watch.... just.

i am getting more and more of my motoring viewing needs via you tube and the various personalities on there, some great reviews, tips and advice, i barely watch the normal box anymore, i watched a bit of top gear, watched a bit of grand tour, but its all a bit like F1 now, had its day, things move on, i wish them well but i don't miss it, i don't miss the other 3 either, i hear Clarkson is doing 'millionaire' should be worth a watch, there is only so many times you can run the same sketch.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back