Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Antifreeze/coolant

Cybot7

Trainee
I've tried using the search engine here but to no avail. It basically comes up with a load of subjects but none related to my enquiry. I need to find out what coolant /antifreeze I need for my 2001 C2 3.4 coupe. Various search engines say Comma G40, others say something different. If anyone here can enlighten me as to the correct coolant I'd be eternally grateful

I use g40 in my 2004 996. It's what I have found in searching. Porsche anti-freeze is expensive.

a 996 takes g30. If you were completely flushing and rinsing out you could swop to g40 I guess but you shouldnt mix the Two.

You can Type your reg number into the comma website to confirm g30

Thanks for the replies. Interesting that Comma say G30 and Halfords say G40. G30 would be the choice then I think.

Halfords website told me g30 about a month ago. I plugged mine in today and it said g40 also.
G30 is OAT, G40 is siOAT,
siOAT was not developed at the time 996 was designed AFAIK...

Having mine serviced tomorrow with a coolant flush. I'll ask my Indie and let you know tomorrow afternoon once it's done.

What about Evans waters less coolant

jonboy said:
What about Evans waters less coolant

Not a cheap option! ( £536 @ rpm technik) Looked at this but couldn't really justify it.. Maybe on a high performance track weapon

Just checked, 100% G30 in the 911. Had mine fully flushed out.

Sorry, I had some G40 in the garage and got confused! The G40 is what Halfords recommended for Porsche's.

My Indie did a full flush and used:-
Mobilâ„¢ Antifreeze Advanced G30

BK911 said:

Sorry, I had some G40 in the garage and got confused! The G40 is what Halfords recommended for Porsche's.

TFFT. I didn't relish spending £80k on a 993. :mrgreen:

Cybot7 said:
BK911 said:
G40 :thumb:
Thanks.
Now I'm completely confused. Going to buy a 993 :D

Cybot7 said:
BK911 said:

TFFT. I didn't relish spending £80k on a 993. :mrgreen:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back