Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche approved repairer

7and911

Hello all.

Time to renew my 991 Insurance. Just want to know if anyone had problem in Insurance company not approving repairing the car at a Porsche approved garage.

- AVIVA: says clearly in their documents if I want to take the car to another garage it is extra £200 excess.

- LV: I can use my preferred repairer but LV may need to inspect the car first before approving the repair.

Many thanks

Tricky one. If you elect a Porsche-approved repairer rather than their own approved repairer, the process is likely to be slower if an inspector has to visit - quite why their own choice repairer can get authorisation to proceed off the back of photos emailed to the insurer and why that cant suffice for a Pirsche-approved repairer is questionable.

Apart from being slower, has anyone actually elected such a route?
Is it possible that the insurer agrees to pay upto the limit of the estimate from their approved repairer plus say 10% extra and then ask the policy holder to pay the difference? I could see this as a possibility.

Another consideration might be that a Porsche -approved repairer may push the bill into a total loss consideration due to the high cost?

I guess the only tine when one will know for certain is when it comes to making a claim.

I'm in Derby and fortunately my local Porsche approved body shop is also Aviva approved. Hence why I went with them for our multicar policy.

Chartwell by the way.

Someone hit our Audi last month and when we dropped it off, the place was full of Ferrari/Aston/McLarens.

Find the name of your local Porsche approved place and just ask your insurer if it's on the list/how far they will recover the vehicle from etc

Chartwell are very good. Not sure that because Aviva approves them for Porsche if that's who they will use for all Porsche.

Consider also that the prices for accident repair at Porsche-approved will be considerably dearer than a volume Insurance-approved repairer (non prestige).

The price of repairs can easily reach a value where the vehicle will become a total loss in the case of older cars that perhaps may not fall into the appreciating classics category.

The only way is to talk to Aviva and ask them to confirm in writing that your vehicle will be repaired at full cost less the excess by Porsche-approved repairer. I suspect such a written statement will not be forthcoming.

The real test will come when it comes to a claim.

cheshire911 said:
Chartwell are very good. Not sure that because Aviva approves them for Porsche if that's who they will use for all Porsche.

Consider also that the prices for accident repair at Porsche-approved will be considerably dearer than a volume Insurance-approved repairer (non prestige).

The price of repairs can easily reach a value where the vehicle will become a total loss in the case of older cars that perhaps may not fall into the appreciating classics category.

The only way is to talk to Aviva and ask them to confirm in writing that your vehicle will be repaired at full cost less the excess by Porsche-approved repairer. I suspect such a written statement will not be forthcoming.

The real test will come when it comes to a claim.

It is Porsche (and other prestige oem's) that approved Chartwell, they just also happen to be on the Aviva list of approved repairers.

When someone drove into our Audi, and I put the claim in against the other party, Aviva asked me where would be convenient for the repairs. I said Chartwell, they checked they were on their approved list. Simples.

The quote was eye-watering though!

A friend of mine had a heaven front end smash in his macan turbo and chartwell did an excellent repair

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back