Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spring clean

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
So the turbo has be hiding in the garage since October and goes back on the road on Sunday eh if it stops snowing ! With a New OPC opening in Perth shortly there is a temp porsche experience as they call it set up at gleneagles hotel just along the road so looking to have a wee trip along on Sunday morning.

anyway the car has had the following

Wash

Clay with a Farecla clay body mitt now this is the first time I have tried one of these and I thought it was excellent, a very easy way to clay your car.

Then Sonax 04-06 again first time I have tried this it was really good at removing the swirls however I found it a bit greasy although left a nice finish once buffed off with a cloth (applied with a das 6 pro) might have been the temperature being cold today.

Followed by a coat of Prima Amigo which is brilliant, not so easy to get lately.

Finishd off with sonax NPT hybrid which again excellent.

sorry for the poor pictures, did I mention it was snowing
:nooo:

Attachments

• 20180330_162952_192.jpg
    20180330_162952_192.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 2,518
  • 20180330_172231_126.jpg
    20180330_172231_126.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 2,518
Verrrrry nice :thumb:

Is that colour Seal Grey? Like mine!! But not as shiny!! Seems like I'll be due to give that a polish up also :grin:

Was it easy to use this clay stuff? What procedures are there in using it and what else with it? Any buffing machine at all?

Cheers..

J

Looks great 👍 fond memories of seal grey.

Its slate grey metallic which I believe was a special order colour :thumb:

In regards the clay mitt , simple you just keep dipping it in your bucket of car shampoo to keep cleaning it, just wipe it back and forward gently making sure its well lubricated , if its a new one I was advised to do a windscreen first to prime it up ( not sure why ) leaves a lovely glass like finish to the paint .

Looks great! A friends 996 4s is in slate, looks very different to my Seal one.

Something oddly magical about claying. Paint feels amazing after it. Not tried a mitt yet, do it old skool with an Autofinesse bar and Glide lube- most impressive and dead easy to use.

Worth remembering for anyone going to try claying for the first time, that the clay removes everything from the paint from contaminates to the wax/sealant/ceramic glaze. The paintwork is then ready for polishing, it will then finally need sealing with one of the aforementioned to leave it protected.

As Rob says, the car feels incredible afterwards. But my god does it take it out of you.

My first mitt was the G3 from Halfords, great easy way to get a smooth finish particularly on a car never done before. Far less work than the clay and lube, but I do love a bit of lube😳😳😳

Forearms like Popeye when you have finished.

Use with fairy liquid as a lubricant will help degrease the whole body work very effectively.

I would highly recommend one of these if you dont have one, makes cleaning the car a pleasure wish I had bought one years ago.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/cat_81.html

There used to be a discount code on detailing world not sure if it still works I got mine about 4 years ago and I have always used the Hex Logic green for polishing and the hex logic red for the Amigo followed by a foam pad applicator for the sonax.

P.s discount code here-DW05 for 5%

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=398446

I would just like to add I am no detailing expert however I use the group of products above that works for me the range of products available is mind boggling I dont really get the ceramic coating hype and the cost of some of these :eek:

So got the rest of the car finished today good news is the snows stopped but its pissing rain :nooo: however forecast better for tomorow

todays efforts

Attachments

• 20180331_125020_132.jpg
    20180331_125020_132.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 2,205

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back