Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fabspeed Tune ???????

It sounds like they use a generic map with a few tweaks to your requirements to me, you probably better off spend a few quid more and getting one written for your car with real world / rolling road testing.

J as Finn says its an off the shelf map , they are ok but that type of thing is available much cheaper over here . personally I would spend a similar amount of money on going to a known tuner who will map the car taking into account any mods you have , your driving style and what you want from the car e.g. is it as fast road car in which case you will be happy to sacrifice a few BHP top end to get the best low mid range gains from the car as thats where you spend 95% of your time , or its a weekend track car which case its mapped accordingly for that purpose.
they should live map it on a rolling road and out driving it .

eg I have a map on my car but want it tweaked for the mods I have done recently Regal motorsport in Southampton will have the car 2 days mapped for fast road inc rolling road time and print out and that is costing me slightly less than the Fabspeed one in the link.
DMS custom remapped my gen1 and that was £500 ish
hope that helps mate :thumb: :thumb:

duel post doh

Hi all, I guess a rolling road would be best bet as suited for my mods and driving style, I can't see me hitting 180mph on the car at any given time!! What I would want is 0-60 time quicker and some train pulling midrange etc, but as I'm still running the engine in and finalising my mods with an IPD Plenum and GT3 throttle body it's when I'll be ready etc, full stainless steel valvetronic exhaust and air filter has already been done!!...

Then I reckon I. Ready to open it's hidden horses :grin:

Also @Phil, did you notice a big 0-60 difference when you fit the GT3 throttle body and tunes the car on rollers???

J

Mezgerite said:
DMS couldn't map my back garden. The definition of perceived quality

+1 Agreed. Wouldn't touch with a barge pole, only reason they're still in business is down to the protection built into the Porsche ECU.

DMS don't have the best rep on here, but I honestly never had an issue with them and they remapped my gen1 and my DB9 and merc SL . but maybe differing experiences etc , I am using Regal motorsport on the gen2 as they know the car and had already mapped to some of the mods when Brookspeed were building up the car. :thumb:

-- 997 -- said:
Hi all, I guess a rolling road would be best bet as suited for my mods and driving style, I can't see me hitting 180mph on the car at any given time!! What I would want is 0-60 time quicker and some train pulling midrange etc, but as I'm still running the engine in and finalising my mods with an IPD Plenum and GT3 throttle body it's when I'll be ready etc, full stainless steel valvetronic exhaust and air filter has already been done!!...

Also @Phil, did you notice a big 0-60 difference when you fit the GT3 throttle body and tunes the car on rollers???

J

J the GT3 TB/plen mod with the remap was one of the two big gains that and the other was the 200cell big bore cats. most of the gains are in the low/mid range which is just where you want them. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J the GT3 TB/plen mod with the remap was one of the two big gains that and the other was the 200cell big bore cats. most of the gains are in the low/mid range which is just where you want them. :thumb:

Ahhh nice, also what was the 0-60 like, was it any quicker if so did you feel the difference over standard?

Cheers

J

If you're after a traffic light drag racer, I think you've bought the wrong car! While these are quick, quite a lot of modern hot hatches are easily able to keep up off the lights.

Phil 997 said:
DMS don't have the best rep on here, but I honestly never had an issue with them and they remapped my gen1 and my DB9 and merc SL . but maybe differing experiences etc , I am using Regal motorsport on the gen2 as they know the car and had already mapped to some of the mods when Brookspeed were building up the car. :thumb:

What about the mobility scooter? I thought that was your daily driver in Bournemouth?

:)

tom_nieto said:
If you're after a traffic light drag racer, I think you've bought the wrong car! While these are quick, quite a lot of modern hot hatches are easily able to keep up off the lights.

If I spend shyte load of money on and IPD Plenum and a GT3 throttle body I'd expect noticeable gains I.e 0-60 and midrange if can be achievable after a roll road session and of course any other benefits that comes with it including smooth drivebility etc, not looking to drag race, those days are gone lol, but if there's power to achieve I want to know it's there under my foot when needed. I don't drive like some idiots on the road, in fact a Sunday driver is more like it. But when in my company car its different..

J

mikeluke said:
Phil 997 said:

What about the mobility scooter? I thought that was your daily driver in Bournemouth?

:)

no probs got the mobility scooter supercharged :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back