Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo out of hibernation drama.. bulb out!

slackster

Spa-Francorchamps
Evening all,

5months of slumber and I couldn't resist the itch anymore, after unplugging the battery maintainer and whipping the cover off I started her up..

A little bit rattley for 10s and a bit of smoke/steam but she setted down to a purr and then the dread beep and red exclamation on the dash..

'Check front right parking light" !! Clearly this ruined the grand unveiling to the 2year old daughter and she went back inside as I sweated at the thought of having to spend loads for some OPC part.

I've since calmed down after google suggests this bulb is likely something from Halfords however can anyone recommend any decent replacements as they look yellow by default and are cr@p.

(Its the outer most bulb on the 997 turbo DRL/light strip in the bumper)

FWIW.. 50mile hoon and she never missed a beat!

Thanks in advance!

5 months !!!! :eek:

One or other of my sidelights shows a failure on the dash several times a year.

A short drive or a wiggle of the whole housing always cures it. I've never actually replaced a bulb.

I know I know.. first time I've left it so long and I feel ashamed!

I've whipped the bulb out and its deffo popped :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back