Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heated Seat Switch Locations

Eldavo

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm getting the parts together for my heated seats install on the 996 and am now faced with 3 options for the switches. Would appreciate your thoughts:

1: Factory location, in the 'batwing" in front of the gearstick.
Pros: factory location.
Cons: awkward to reach/passenger has to reach behind gearstick.

2: In the 'Horseshoe" either side of the radio.
Pros: Switches are easy to see/reach, removes two blanks as only 3 of the 6 are in use currently.
Cons: The driver's side switch is obscured by the steering wheel, not factory location.

3: In the centre console behind the window switches, where they are in a 986 Boxster.
Pros: easy to get to/see, removes the 2 blanks there for the cabriolet rear windows.
Cons: not factory location.

The switches for option 1 & 2 are the same but option 3 switches are a different orientation so I need to decide upfront.

Batwing - I have them and can't say I've ever thought "I wish they were more easily accessible" nor has my wife ever complained at having to reach behind my knob... :lol:

Batwing. How can it be awkward for the passenger when it's symetrically placed as the driver's one? :?

many of us are not a fan of blank switches, a weakness of 996 and 991 interiors

Fill those blanks in :thumb:

Option 3 as its filling the blanks right in that centre console

911UK said:
Option 3 as its filling the blanks right in that centre console

What blanks :grin:

DfAWJp3.jpg

I did ask if you'd make me one of those on your other thread Alex?

:oops:

If I get chance I'll run a few off.

I've just had mine done and the switches are down the side of the seat.

Attachments

• c439e260_13e8_4409_ba92_fb5e8471abe9_205.jpeg
    c439e260_13e8_4409_ba92_fb5e8471abe9_205.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,456
I moved mine to the centre console.

MC

I went for option 2 in my car (after switching the central locking switch to the right hand side of the horseshoe)
- if your backside starts getting unduly warm, just glance around the edge of the steering wheel to see if your passenger thinks they're some kind of comedian.....! :x

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back