Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Engine - what's it worth ?

PindiXpress

Hello all,

Mulling something over at the moment which will possibly require me to sell my current engine. 90MY engine with less than 100k miles, full rebuild around 3000 miles ago by Unit 11, exhaust and intake included etc Made just under 300bhp on the 9M dyno when Wayne Schofield re-mapped it with the supplied setup. What would it be worth ? I know DVB have one on ebay for £15K (which hasn't been rebuilt AFAIK) - but will it sell for that ?

Cheers.

Take DVB pricing with a pinch of snuff as they seem to price against what a new one would cost :hand:

I'd say £5k-£8k unless someone is happy it's all sorted then you might get top end over estimate.

Start getting any more and it's more cost effective to rebuild an original unit to 'as new' condition. If buyer doesn't have an engine or its thrown one through the casing they might look for a straight swap. That will then brinig in a change of engine number to the equation so I'd expect any buyer to do the maths first.

How much of a rebuild was it, at what cost? You can easily spend £12,000 on parts alone.

(Don't ask me how I know) 😰

Thanks all. Around £10k was what I was thinking - I guess it would be more use for an earlier car which someone is trying to hotrod. Engine was rebuilt due to a broken headstud and it was a full rebuild including the bottom end.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back