Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removing/Changing radiator fan - 4S/Turbo

Robertb

Yas Marina
One of the radiator fans on my 4S had failed, so I bought a replacement from carparts4less via ebay for £270.

Fitting was very straightforward. Thought I would do a rough guide in case it helps anyone with a 4S/Turbo... sorry I did not take any pics.

You do not need to remove the radiator and condenser as you are approaching from the other side.

The same method can be used to remove the fan if you need to change the resistor- I'd be amazed if you could do this in situ due to its location and wiring on the 4S/Turbo.

-Remove wheel and front part of wheelarch trim, which also forms part of the undertray so remember to undo the torq screw and plastic push-clip under the front of the car before trying to pull it out.
-You can remove the PU if you want, but you don't have to... undo all of the PU bolts and screws except those holding on the opposite side, ie the two Philips screws behind and under the side marker light. This will allow you to slide the PU down on one side but not entirely remove it, saving faff. You only need to do this to access one bolt.
-Remove the two circlips holding the radiator to the bracket
-Remove the three (13mm IIRC) bolts and one T25 screw securing the radiator bracket. One bolt is hidden by the PU hence the need for dropping it down and you can squeeze a socket in there to undo it.
-Remove the radiator bracket. The radiator will support itself during this process.
-Disconnect the power connector.
-There are two T25 torq screws holding the fan assembly to the radiator; remove these and the assembly will slide out toward you.
-The fan unbolts, and the resistor is held on by two screws and a little bracket.

You will need four zip-ties to secure the fan cables to the fan shroud.

Reverse the above to refit.

Before refitting the trim etc, start the car and test the fan operation by switching the aircon on but mind fingers and loose objects as the fans go at quite a speed!

Cheers Demort... I still very much have my L plates on!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back