Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage flooring : Interlocking foam mats???

michelin

Indianapolis
I am looking to put some form of flooring down and from searching online the interlocking foam type seem to be popular.
Approximately 20 Sq M is required.
Has anybody gone down this route and where did you get it from?
Cash is king on this one as I realise the area is large.
As ever, thank you chaps :thumb:

:thumb:

I think foam maybe a little soft and will likely compress under the weight of the car. It think there are 3 popular options;

Rubber floor tiles - Lots available I went with the bigdug industrial tiles. I am 3ish years in and they still look great.

Ceramic or more likely porcelain tiles - This looks really good but it is a hard surface if you work on your car in the garage. You also need to be sure you use the right products otherwise they will crack under the weight of the car. This is also going to be expensive

Floor Paint - Prep is key here. The surface needs to be right otherwise the paint will peel off.

For cost, durability and ease of installation the rubber tiles are the best option IMO.

Thanks Tom 👍🏼
🤔 didn't think about compression, good point.

Plasfloor, cheap, easy to fit and very durable and dead easy to clean. Also can be lifted and moved.

Just finished half my garage today with Ecotile 7mm tiles. I had samples from most companies but the Ecotile won hands down...

They do a 7mm recycled range that's not on their website.

Attachments

• img_3482_110.jpg
    img_3482_110.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 12,026
  • img_3483_118.jpg
    img_3483_118.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12,026
How do the ecotiles deal with the compression of the cars weight? 👍🏼

They say the 7mm tiles are the best for garages both residential and commercial.

Give them a call and they will send you samples, ask for Hugo I dealt with him and found him very helpful.

Thanks SG :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back