Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello again.

nickjonesn4

Hi all,

back after a break due to launching a new business and the terrible weather. Hope everyone is doing well and about to bring their cars out of hibernation. Mine out today to enjoy the sunshine...

20180324_135047.jpg

20180324_135112.jpg

20180324_135138.jpg

20180324_135201.jpg

20180324_135234.jpg

20180324_165650.jpg

Car is fibally going in for Ohlins to be fitted and Gripper diff, plus the interior work on 16th April. Will get back to my build thread then. :D

Nice shots, Gripper diff has to be American and Ohlins woo woo!
P.S. Pigeon Eggs is my favorite folk album.

Never come across them before. LSD's are funny animals I used to race with a Salisbury lsd and the induced understeer was a bit scary at times, but that was a long time ago and it was a pawl and ratchet sytem.

Endoman said:
Nice shots, Gripper diff has to be American and Ohlins woo woo!
P.S. Pigeon Eggs is my favorite folk album.

what is the pigeon eggs reference? google failed me

Nic Jones, there was a documentry on him recently. One of the most influencial folk artists badly beaten up in a car smash. Great guitarist and a good voice, sorry just had a few bevies :)

Endoman said:
Never come across them before. LSD's are funny animals I used to race with a Salisbury lsd and the induced understeer was a bit scary at times, but that was a long time ago and it was a pawl and ratchet sytem.

I'm a big believer in them for RWD cars especially in wet weather. These are supposed to be vert good offering similar benefits to Quaife/Wavetrac but serviceable and theoretrically able to be set up for track days differently if I ever go down that route.

Endoman said:
Nic Jones, there was a documentry on him recently. One of the most influencial folk artists badly beaten up in a car smash. Great guitarist and a good voice, sorry just had a few bevies :)

Ha! Will look that up. An improvement on my other namesake Nick Jones the dipstick who owns the Soho House chain

Like the wheels Nick, what are they?

Tobesetc said:
Like the wheels Nick, what are they?

They are Work Equip Anhelo's. Custom made Japanese 3 piece split rims. They no longer make these, but you might be able to find a set second hand. These were apparently made for a 993 turbo in germany in the late 90s so fit perfectly without spacers.

They were superceded by Work Meisters, which you can get custom made to fit without spacers for about £3.5k. They are very popular with the American 993 grand. see below

http://www.workwheelsuk.com/work-wheels-meister-s1-3-piece.html

Interesting site, thanks! Split rims aren't for me, but there's some tasty wheels there :)

Tobesetc said:
Interesting site, thanks! Split rims aren't for me, but there's some tasty wheels there :)

Work wheels are as good as you will get quality wise, very light and reasonable value too.

bit different to have Japanese rims on your Porsche

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back