Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option Codes?

qwerty911

I've recently bought a reasonably well spec'd 10plate 997.2 c2s cab, but very few of the options the car has are listed on the build sticker inside the service manual. Is this normal?

Which would you rather have codes in the book but not the options or the options on the car but no codes in the book :lol:

I honestly wouln't be bothered, it could be that the options were retrofitted later after the build. :thumb:

Are you sure that all the things you're expecting to see were 'options' on your car. They might have been standard fit. :?:

Alternatively, as said above, they may have been retro-fitted.

As others have stated, it's possible that some options may have been retro-fitted. By way of comparison, my 2010 Carrera S, which is also well specced, lists pretty much all the Options on the VIL sticker in the service book. The exceptions are the Multi Function steering wheel (Code 844) and the Universal Multimedia Interface (Code 870) - which could, in theory, have been retro-fitted, but I know were not.

It's also important to remember that, according to the MY2010 UK Price List, the UK Specification (C16) included Top tinted windscreen, full leather interior in standard colours, Porsche Vehicle Tracking System and a Porsche Driving Experience...

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a spec with which you are happy.....retro-fitted or not.

Mine does have the C16 code so that will cover some of it, but cruise, the flappy paddle steering wheel, sat nav, phone, multimedia interface, rear park assist, adaptive headlights and sports Chrono plus are not listed!

qwerty911 said:
Mine does have the C16 code so that will cover some of it, but cruise, the flappy paddle steering wheel, sat nav, phone, multimedia interface, rear park assist, adaptive headlights and sports Chrono plus are not listed!

Interesting....! Mine's manual, but the VIL sticker does include Cruise, Rear Park Assist, PCM Satnav and Sport Chrono.

Like you, my multimedia interface is not listed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back