Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any intel on this LHD Cobalt Blue C4?

jgj

For sale at RGA Porsche in Vauxhall London

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-964/porsche-911-964-1992/7380007

Some of you may know Bob Arnott there. He's worked on my C2 Targa over the years. Honest and thorough, if tortuously slow (sorry if you're on here Bob, but you know it's true!)

I believe this is a customer's car who got in too deep on repair costs, or simply change of plans. I've inspected the car and it looks nice. A later 92 car with a fresh engine (top and bottom done by Bob), part re-spray too. I believe suspension still original. Rather like the deep dish on the RUFs, despite awful pictures.

Anybody know it? I haven't had a chance to review the paper history yet but Price just dropped from 47.5k (hoho) to 42.5k

jgj said:
For sale at RGA Porsche in Vauxhall London

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-964/porsche-911-964-1992/7380007

Some of you may know Bob Arnott there. He's worked on my C2 Targa over the years. Honest and thorough, if tortuously slow (sorry if you're on here Bob, but you know it's true!)

I believe this is a customer's car who got in too deep on repair costs, or simply change of plans. I've inspected the car and it looks nice. A later 92 car with a fresh engine (top and bottom done by Bob), part re-spray too. I believe suspension still original. Rather like the deep dish on the RUFs, despite awful pictures.

Anybody know it? I haven't had a chance to review the paper history yet but Price just dropped from 47.5k (hoho) to 42.5k

Sorry I cannot help, but it does look rather good for the money. But the devil is in the detail so would want a PPI done first. Does it have any history other than what you quoted?

Sounds too cheap for a sub 100k miler with top/bottom rebuild? There could be more gaps in the service history than Plug's teeth if used in EU and imported.

Seats look like pleather (100% vinyl) as that was an option so your Farah stayprest would hold you on with static cling.

For RUF wheels they look shoite :what:

Rear reflectors need replacing. Does AC blow cold?

Needs a good check with a Colini stick. If you can live with LHD best driving position. :thumb:

Many thanks Gents. I'm getting sight of all the available paperwork tomorrow or Sunday. Good point on the seats and rear reflectors, need to check those. My impression of the car was relatively unmolested when I saw it. But such low mileage should not ordinarily need top and bottom end if well maintained...

Oops. Bit of a delayed response sorry. Whilst umming and ahhing about the C4 I was offered a very nice 93 C2 with lots of expensive but desirable mods (all reversible) which I acquired in a moment of madness the weekend before last. Once I get my hands on it I'll post some pictures. PO was a gent. He may be on here, not sure. Being an electronics engineer for a very high end British auto marque you can imagine the attention to detail.

jgj said:
Oops. Bit of a delayed response sorry. Whilst umming and ahhing about the C4 I was offered a very nice 93 C2 with lots of expensive but desirable mods (all reversible) which I acquired in a moment of madness the weekend before last. Once I get my hands on it I'll post some pictures. PO was a gent. He may be on here, not sure. Being an electronics engineer for a very high end British auto marque you can imagine the attention to detail.

Congrats! Where did you find the car?

GT-One in Chertsey. They're rebuilding the engine on my Targa. A customer brought in the C2 Coupé for sale and I got a bit carried away...not proud of myself.

jgj said:
GT-One in Chertsey. They're rebuilding the engine on my Targa. A customer brought in the C2 Coupé for sale and I got a bit carried away...not proud of myself.

Get some pics up! I'm very jealous :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back