Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spray on wax?

b9boy

Silverstone
So, my car was detailed recently and all swirl marks removed (Guards Red).

It looks amazing but Im now paranoid about introducing any new fine marks.

The wax is still beading nicely but i want to keep it topped up.

What can i use that is the least likely to introduce any marks?

I'm used to using a sealant/glaze and then Collinite 476 but as it dries quite hard I'm concerned about introducing marks when removing it.

Are there any liquid waxes that actually work that are much easier to apply and remove?

Thanks in advance.

I've had good results with Angelwax Corona, it's easy to apply, gives a good depth of shine and beads water like crazy. It may not last as long as a hard wax, but it takes so little effort to apply that a quick top up after every few washes makes it cost and time effective. It also restores plastics with a nice lustre, not a greasy wet look finish. Just don't put it on the windows...on that front, their H2GO product is amazing, it's like RainX on steroids and lasts much longer, I barely need to use my wipers over 30mph.

I have no connection with Angelwax other than being a happy customer.

Thanks both.

I'm thinking a spray wax on the basis that it will be much harder to introduce scratches.

will have a look at the Angelwax product now...

I've been very impressed with Bilt Hamber wax, it is easy to apply and lasts for ages. Auto Express top recommendation.

A spray-on product still requires to be wiped off. Any wipe has the potential to introduce swirls. Some polishes contain fillers that can conceal minor swirls. Such products might be more relevant?

I don't know if there are any spray-on waxes that contain fillers. You might consider contacting some professional detailers for advice as they do this day in/day out and will have a far better knowledge to guide you.

^this.

I use a quick detailer spray after washing to keep the 'just polished' finish... Autofinesse Finale.

I remembered I know a chap round the corner who is a part time detailer so I texted him yesterday for advice.

In the interests of sharing he suggested two products:

1: Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer - "amazing beading and water behaviour, looks superb (like a wax finish) but paint feels grabby after

2: GTechniq C2V3 - all of the above but leaves a glass like slick finish. Dont apply in hot weather as it smears like buggery (easy to sort though).

So I've gone and ordered the GTechniq stuff as it reads that it can be used OVER the wax which is exactly what i wanted.

It should arrive on Saturday so I'll report back with a beading pic or two ;)

C2v3 is very easy to use. Should last about 3-4 weeks between top-ups if car kept outside.

James M-S said:
C2v3 is very easy to use. Should last about 3-4 weeks between top-ups if car kept outside.

Cheers.
The car is kept in a garage under an indoor cover so hoping for longer protection. Nevertheless I will happily keep the car topped up so every other wash or so I will reapply so longevity shouldn't be an issue?

A decent spray wax I sometimes use is Autoglym Aquawax. Spray it on when wet & use a microfibre to dry it.

Also, if you want to avoid swirls & spider webbing, bin the cover & just put it in the garage. Dragging a cover over the car each time is dragging fine grit all over the car too.

Zaino: Z8 quick detailer is a good product

Clanky said:
Also, if you want to avoid swirls & spider webbing, bin the cover & just put it in the garage. Dragging a cover over the car each time is dragging fine grit all over the car too.

:yeah:

One of the chaps on the MB forum has a slightly different take on keeping his black C63 swirl free after machine polishing it, he has put about 70 coats of wax on it, all different sorts and makes...................it must be about 1mm thick by now :floor:

Clanky said:
A decent spray wax I sometimes use is Autoglym Aquawax. Spray it on when wet & use a microfibre to dry it.
+1 :thumb:
Have used Aquawax on a number of cars over the years and have always been pleased with the finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back