Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Airbag warning light reset - West Midlands

sanj71

Hi,

I have an early 993 C2 and a weak old battery triggered the air bag warning light. Replaced the battery but the air bag warning light needs to be reset (The car is fitted with an RS steering wheel and does not have an airbag). Any recommendations to get the issue resolved? I would normally take the car straight to PCT but they are no longer trading unfortunately.

I am based in Sutton Coldfield.

Sanjay

Google....

..Martin Brown, Porschetech. Very close to PCT and he has looked after my C4S for 4 years and no complaints. Or, buy the kit and do it yourself, not hard or expensive.

Might be worth getting the T-obd from Tore.
I purchased one last year as I had the airbag light come on after a flat battery also. My thinking that if I had the same problem 2 or 3 times I'd get my money's worth from it.
It also showed up some Hvac sensor faults too. Great bit of kit.
I'm in Coventry not far from where PCT were if you can't sort it locally if you wanted to plug it in.
Martin

Thanks for the responses so far. I have just ordered a T-OBD - Diagnostics Tool as I think it will be useful to have one on hand in the future. Hopefully this will reset the warning light.

BTW - Checked the cost of getting the warning light switched off at the local Sutton COldfield OPC and they quoted £80-£160 :eek: :eek:

I paid £20 at PCT about three years ago, but I'm sure they're closed now.

airbag warning light

I'm having the same issue from the car being stood. I can't take it for its MOT until I've sorted it out though.

Does anyone know of anywhere local(ish) to Chesterfield who can reset this?
I'm struggling to find anyone with the software!

Thanks

Managed to finally get the issue resolved. I bought a T-OBD unit from Tore which connected to all the systems in the car fine except the air bag unit. Tore was very helpful but the T-OBD unit did not work. It may be because the car has been fitted with a 996 type airbag control unit.

Richard Harrison (PCT Select) reset the fault with a PIWIS device without any issue. Error code was "low voltage"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back