Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone else have an 'autowatch' alarm?

gunner

Sao Paulo
I know H&P seem to be pretty standard. Anyone else have one to match mine?

tmp60B-2.png

My 993 has an Autowatch alarm and the fob looks exactly like yours.

Came with the car but no instructions, not that it's difficult to operate!

No idea when it was fitted nor the type. Markings on mine appear to be the same as yours.

I did manage to get a User Guide for a 160Rli but have no idea if it is for my system. Appears to have many functions but not sure if applicable to my car. I just press the button until it either locks or unlocks...

Can be a bit of a faff if you don't start the car fairly soon after entry otherwise you have to sit in it while the hazards flash and the beep beeps. A bit embarrassing at times.

Same here, only worked out it was Autowatch by googling the serial number on the fob.

Top tip - if you haven't started it straight away and the immobiliser kicks back in just press the the fob button while the ignition key is turned (no lights or beeps), turn it back to zero and then start as normal. Took me ages to spot this...

I have one. Works, but the going back to immobilised after a very short period of time is annoying. Fitted by someone in Sevenoaks, I think - maybe through Paragon. My local guy can fix it.

gunner said:
Top tip - if you haven't started it straight away and the immobiliser kicks back in just press the the fob button while the ignition key is turned (no lights or beeps), turn it back to zero and then start as normal. Took me ages to spot this...

You should also have a 'lock' on the dash that if you put an electronic 'key' into that will do the same as blipping the fob. Two sets of terminals that match and only go one way. Will post pic later.

stevewak said:
You should also have a 'lock' on the dash that if you put an electronic 'key' into that will do the same as blipping the fob. Two sets of terminals that match and only go one way. Will post pic later.

I have a lock but no key. Had assumed it was from a previous alarm actually.

Here you go. It was Tunbridge Wells, must be a Paragon fit. I probably have the invoice somewhere. Road Radio http://www.roadradio.com/

Attachments

• 993_alarm_1_825.jpg
    993_alarm_1_825.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,982
  • 993_alarm_2_199.jpg
    993_alarm_2_199.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,982
  • 993_alarm_3_775.jpg
    993_alarm_3_775.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 3,982
Autowatch Alarm

Have nothing like the lock on my car; presumably different types or age of alarm?

Just have the fob with mine.

Re: Autowatch Alarm

Les Richards said:
Have nothing like the lock on my car; presumably different types or age of alarm?

Just have the fob with mine.

Just looked through the bills - sadly, nothing for the alarm.

I think I have enough on the keyring already without adding another alarm key.

Just replaced both fob cases so looking good as new now too.

Another 993 with an Autowatch here.

I managed to get a manual for it too. I also coded it so it doesn't beep as you unlock/lock - this was after I was in the daily one day and heard my alarm, only to turn around and see it was fitted to a very old transit van!

I too have the additional lock/button inside, but no key. So it just does the same as when the 30 seconds is up and you have to turn the ignition key and hit the fob button?

Funny you should mention Paragon, I bought it in 2008 from Kim (Kimbo) and I know he bought it in 2006 from Paragon, though the certificate of installation states 2000, so perhaps it was a Paragon car previously :?:

Another Autowatch alarm user.

Already fitted when I bought the car - came with full user manual/documentation including wiring install diagram and a list of false trigger codes.

http://dragoncaraudio.co.uk/cat-1-alarm-for-car.html

My fobs are the ones shown on the link above, not the peanut style.

Interesting as I have two types of fob, the peanut style and another different type to the ones above!

Has anyone tried getting another or spare of the key fob you touch the internal key thing?

Cheers

acme said:
Interesting as I have two types of fob, the peanut style and another different type to the ones above!

Has anyone tried getting another or spare of the key fob you touch the internal key thing?

Cheers

My car came with two sets of keys each with a different fob. One of the 'peanut' ones above and one 'coffin' shaped one.

Replaced both remote fob cases and batteries with new ones from Abacus last week. Good as new. Didn't bother with the contact 'key'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back