Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Button not working for bonnet release

chriscoates81

Suzuka
So some of you guys may have read the small nightmare I've had with the remote central locking on my car, I'm not sure this is related that's why I created a new thread. So the switch doesn't actuate the bonnet for some reason (I can't hear it working) I thought I'd had an amazing idea and could use the engine lid switch to confirm if it's the switch, however that pops the engine lid regardless of which fitting its plugged into (note I've not tried the bonnet switch on the engine lid connection) it does explain why dome of the contacts in the switch are not connected to anything and why there are so many wires going to each switch. So my question is this, does anyone know which of the connection need to be made to open the bonnet so I can short them out in lieu of having a switch to try? Sorry this is a bit long winded.

Cheers

Thinking about it, is it possible that the actuator itself has failed? (im not going to have change to use the manual release till the weekend).

Does it work off the bonnet release button on the key?

Robertb said:
Does it work off the bonnet release button on the key?

Unfortunately due to my central locking issues, the key buttons don't work for either the doors or the bonnet. I wasn't sure if the engine lid and the bonnet release buttons were wired together due to what I'd found originally.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back