Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glovebox light / switch 996.2

Harv

Suzuka
Still working through my door locking issues.

Could someone tell me (or check their car) if the glovebox light is actuated by the switch in the lid. The light in mine seems to be on all the time and if you close the glovebox slowly I can can hear the microswitch click with about a 1" gap remaining until closed but the light says on.

:?:

Thanks

Did you have either the bonnet or engine cover open at the time?

All three are connected together for some reason so if one is open all three lamps come on

Mac

996mike said:
I dream of a glove box😕

I know what you mean. Life is simple with a 996.1.
At least we have good door pockets. Ask an NSX owner about interior storage.

MC

Harv said:
Still working through my door locking issues.

Could someone tell me (or check their car) if the glovebox light is actuated by the switch in the lid. The light in mine seems to be on all the time and if you close the glovebox slowly I can can hear the microswitch click with about a 1" gap remaining until closed but the light says on.

:?:

Thanks

Just tried mine...
Yes, the glovebox light goes off when the microswitch clicks.
But, as said above, the glovebox light comes on if the bonnet or engine cover are open/lights are on. Didn't know that...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back