Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche brakes - where to buy online?

CJP

Hi there,

I am new to the forum - my Cayman 2,7 2007 needs new brakes (discs+pads) front and rear. Where should I buy them in original quality? Need not be original Porsche parts but in similar quality. And where would you recommend in general to buy Porsche parts?

Best regards

CJ

Hi & :welcome:

Eurocarparts is generally used by most on here and also by OPC (yes, ECP vans have been spotted dropping parts off at local OPCs). Although it's usually worth checking carparts4less out at the same time and using any discount code on their home page. They are the same company as ECP and most of the time are cheaper for the exact same part.

As for brakes, PAGID come well recommended by most on here and are a good quality & value product.

I thought OE were textar pads not pagid?

James M-S said:
I thought OE were textar pads not pagid?

No one said PAGID were. :dont know:

Textar and pagid are made at the same place.

As I've bought paid/textar in the past only to find the other brand in the box I now go for Brembo and find the quality noticeably better. :thumb:

It seems that even Pagid/Textar think the products are interchangeable.

So long as your sensor hasn't broke through (ie. your warning light on the dash), then you can re-use them. The design911 prices are excluding VAT so don't forget to add that on.

so:

design911 price for brembo rear discs and pads = £242.82

carparts4less price (and using current discount code) for brembo rear discs and pads = £151.70

Like you were originally advised, CP4L or ECP are the way to go :thumbs:

The exact same parts and £90 price difference :nooo:

Thanks! I just tried ordering via ECP (they have a 45% discount! Pads and discs front and back incl. shipping 256 GBP), but they keep rejecting my credit card(s). Tried 3 different cards... Quite annoying :)

carparts4less are cheaper. Use them, it's the same company!

autodoc.co.uk will do you a full set of "ridex brand" discs and pads for your car front and rear for £163 delivered

I would rather get textar brand pads, there was an ebay seller doing them at a discount when I got mine.

Autodoc have a reasonable price on Ferodo DS2500, my favourite pad, and an upgrade over the textar, pagids etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back