Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stage 2 paint correction and coating/Exhaust mods

Chaps,

I have a DA polisher somewhere in the shed, Herman White and Bazil (BMW) have very light swirls, only noticebale in the sun. Question is what is the best to remove these? which pad(s) and which compound(s)?

Im going to do Bazil first as the guinea pig just in case :grin: And what to apply once its back to a smooth swirl free finish? Any ceramic coatings that can be done DIY?

Id rather do all the above as have time on my hands and im saving the cash for the all important rocking horse sh!t Sport Classics.

Thanks in advance

ps. (next will be gundo hack or similair im fed up of the quiteness now) Any recomendations, with Gundo hack OPC warranty just on exhaust system invalid?)

SBSP, mate have a read up on the Gtechniq crystal serum range, I use the C2 Liquid crystal as a weekly quick detailer and the C4 perm trim restorer and am very impressed at the finish , and have used most other reccomened products many of which are good but the Gtechniq beats the others :thumb:

re the exhaust Has Herman already got an H&S rear muffler delete cross over pipe if not that would be my first port of call for the gen2 :thumb:

Re: stage 2 paint correction and coating-DIY only

spongebob squarepants said:
Chaps,

I have a DA polisher somewhere in the shed, Herman White and Bazil (BMW) have very light swirls, only noticebale in the sun. Question is what is the best to remove these? which pad(s) and which compound(s)?

Im going to do Bazil first as the guinea pig just in case :grin: And what to apply once its back to a smooth swirl free finish? Any ceramic coatings that can be done DIY?

Id rather do all the above as have time on my hands and im saving the cash for the all important rocking horse sh!t Sport Classics.

Thanks in advance

ps. (next will be gundo hack or similair im fed up of the quiteness now) Any recomendations, with Gundo hack OPC warranty just on exhaust system invalid?)
Re the exhaust, have you considered an aftermarket system. Completely reversible if and when you decide to move the car on. It may put some people off knowing the boxes have been altered looking to buy.
There is a lot of love on here for top gear exhausts but it's a fair old drive to get it done from their premises from here.
Wilmslow crack it when you don't have n rated tyres, but there was talk about exhaust/warranty and written confirmation from Porsche GB saying it's ok to have an aftermarket exhaust.
Some things to consider. If you get to the next NW meet you can hear mine as YouTube doesn't do exhaust noise any justice, no matter how good the microphone they use.

For cutting compound answers, I would browse detailing world forum. Menzerna is the brand but I can't remember which product.

For exhaust I have centre bypass only and it's still v quiet!

Thanks chaps, I'm unsure re the exhaust. I need confirmation first, if it's modded in any way how does that effect the OPC warranty? If it's just the exhaust then I'd change it. If it's the whole car I'll have to leave it.
I know I could ask Wilmslow OPC but I already know their answer 'computer says no" I suspect.

For any warranty work I'd happily swap whatever I fit back to standard, but it's just if there's say a breakdown and it goes in are they going to say not covered?

Re the sound I was happy enough with last gen 2 with PSE, won't the GH achieve exactly the same? FZP be good to listen to yours 👍

People who are far more skilled at using the search function of the forum will be able to find the thread where someone confirms that they have either a letter or email from Porsche GB confirming warranty isn't voided when an aftermarket exhaust is installed. Warranty obviously doesn't apply to new exhaust.

FZP said:
People who are far more skilled at using the search function of the forum will be able to find the thread where someone confirms that they have either a letter or email from Porsche GB confirming warranty isn't voided when an aftermarket exhaust is installed. Warranty obviously doesn't apply to new exhaust.

Ditto I've searched extensively. TBF I am an id!ot with such things..

I've been very impressed with Chemical Guys VSS, which I used on my 4S.

Gentle enough that you aren't going to do any harm, but it has enough power that it does some good. Its a reducing polish, so the cut diminishes as you work an area, giving a finer finish.

Deeper scratches needed compound, but I prefer to do the minimum needed.

Can someone tell me where to buy C2 Liquid crystal v3. amazon selling at 44, ultimate finish at 20 no idea if its real or fake.

krishan

I get my gtechniq from shop n shine. Based in derby but also mail order through their website.

The small bottle of c2v3 is all you need. I use it neat, spray on (maybe 9 squirts over whole roof) spread with microfibre, buff with clean microfibre.

The gtechniq bug remover is good too. Getting to that time of year where it's needed to help pre-wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back