Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC and discount stupid question

Tobyone

Good day all.

My 997 gen 1 is in for a minor service and MOT today.

I keep hearing about a 10% discount for being a forum member is this correct or am I just blonde and not correct? :roll:

I don't know where you've heard about this. :dont know:

Some people claim that they get a discount just by asking.

A guaranteed way is to be a PCGB member or (iirc) a member of TIPEC.

Try it, and let us know how you get on. Some OPCs will certainly have heard of 'us'. :thumb:

Toby, its not official but they have the 10% for PCGB members and seem happy to share that with any Porsche enthusiast if asked , for example I just say to them " ah does that price inc my forum discount" and they are always happy to take it off no questions :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Toby, its not official but they have the 10% for PCGB members and seem happy to share that with any Porsche enthusiast if asked , for example I just say to them " ah does that price inc my forum discount" and they are always happy to take it off no questions :thumb:

bearing in mind Bournemouth OPC have on prominant display their 911uk awards so are very aware of the forum etc.

My OPC does 10% off for any cars over four years old.

You need to ask before the car goes in and do the patter...

Well OPC so and so have quoted this etc..etc..

I managed to blag a discount on my major service and got a tiny amount off my 2-year warranty renewal.

Generally, I have found OPC to be pretty good with discounts, it's just harder to negotiate when they have your pride and joy on the ramps!!

Super. Thank chaps.

Will ask them later and will let you know how it goes.

jotaking said:
.....and got a tiny amount off my 2-year warranty renewal.

I'm assuming that the discount was actually off the 111 point check as the warranty is a bought in, Insurance based product that can't be discounted. :?:

Yep discount we do get

Phil 997 said:
bearing in mind Bournemouth OPC have on prominant display their 911uk awards so are very aware of the forum etc.

Bournemouth Old People's Cars?

mikeluke said:
Phil 997 said:

Bournemouth Old People's Cars?

:floor: :floor: There is no denying there are a few coffin dodgers in this neck .

There's a clear time of day almost like an air raid warning , when the coffin dodgers vanish on the streets and are replaced by huge groups of stag and hen parties. its quite strange to witness it :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

And in the summer half the population of Europe under the age of 25, I seem to remember - aka 'language schools...'

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back